Subject: Re: [core] #136: UTF-8 matching clarification

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:13:07 -0000

#136: UTF-8 matching clarification

Changes (by hartke@…):

  * owner:  hartke@… => cabo@…

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  cabo@…      
     Type:  protocol defect     |      Status:  new         
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:              
Component:  coap                |     Version:              
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:              
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/136#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:27:57 -0000

Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 We have a little residual problem with uri-query here.
 This may contain percent-encoding, which may contain upper and lower case.

 RFC3986, section 2.1:

       pct-encoded = "%" HEXDIG HEXDIG

    The uppercase hexadecimal digits 'A' through 'F' are equivalent to
    the lowercase digits 'a' through 'f', respectively.  If two URIs

 To get rid of this, we probably should try to get rid of percent-encoding
 in query strings.
 (Alternatively, we could require that all query strings be normalized
 according to RFC 3986 6.2.2.1 and 6.2.2.2, but that does not solve the
 difference between ',' and '%2c'.)

 To do that, we probably should identify '&' as our preferred delimiter and
 break up the query string along those and create separate uri-query
 options, one per &-delimited part.  (Doing the same with '=' does not gain
 anything, as keys rarely contain equals signs, and makes things way more
 complicated.)

     Type:  protocol defect     |      Status:  assigned    

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/136#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>