Subject: [core] link-format #91 (new): Substring vs. bytewise matching bug

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:00:12 -0000

#91: Substring vs. bytewise matching bug

 A bug was found by Esko Dijk.

 Section 3.1 states the correct behaviour as:
 "If the decoded query-pattern does not end with "*", a link value matches
 the query only if the value of the attribute or URI-reference denoted by
 the resource-param is bytewise identical to the query-pattern".
 In other words, a query without using "*" only finds values that equal the
 query-pattern.

 Then the paragraph below this text contradicts this and should be fixed:
 "... An implementation supporting filtering MUST return only those entries
 for which the value of the link attribute identified by the resource-param
 contains the query-pattern as a substring."

 In other words, a query will return entries based on substring matching,
 so not necessarily bytewise identical.

 Also this sentence probably should take into account that querying can be
 done with/without wildcard "*" - the two cases cause different matching
 behavior.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  link-format         |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/91>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>