Subject: [core] link-format #92 (new): Sentence on alternative formats

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:14:40 -0000

#92: Sentence on alternative formats

 Salvatore noticed that the following statement is not clear:

 It is expected that resources discovered in the CoRE Link Format may also
 be made available in alternative formats on the greater Internet.

 Zach: RFC5988 defines the concept of Web Linking where links can be
 expressed in a semantically equal way in many different formats. The HTTP
 Link Header, CoRE Link Format, HTML <LINK> element, and atom:feed link
 element [RFC4287] can all be used to represent these links. The purpose of
 that sentence is that we don't expect the whole Internet to understand the
 CoRE Link Format. I think a sentence should be added here to clarify that
 with a pointer to RFC5988, HTML <LINK> and RFC4287.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:                    
Component:  link-format         |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/92>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>