Subject: [core-parameters] Content-Format for cbor-seq

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:15:07 +0200

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cbor-sequence has just entered WGLC.
Please check the following allocation.
The use of one of the scarce one-byte content-format numbers is motivated by the fundamental use of this media type; one likely motivation for the use of application/cbor-seq is actually saving the single byte that an array head would consume.

Grüße, Carsten

6.2.  CoAP Content-Format Registration

   IANA is requested to assign a CoAP Content-Format ID for the media
   type "application/cbor-seq", in the CoAP Content-Formats subregistry
   of the core-parameter registry [IANA.core-parameters], from the
   "Expert Review" (0-255) range.  The assigned ID is shown in Table 1.

          +----------------------+----------+-------+-----------+
          | Media type           | Encoding | ID    | Reference |
          +----------------------+----------+-------+-----------+
          | application/cbor-seq | -        | TBD63 | RFCthis   |
          +----------------------+----------+-------+-----------+

                      Table 1: CoAP Content-Format ID

   RFC editor: Please replace TBD63 by the number actually assigned and
   delete this paragraph.