Subject: [Codestand-develop] Searching Code Project with non existent mentor raises an error

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 10:48:31 -0500

Hi,

I am using the mailing list, as my understanding was that codestand does
not have a specific bug tracker. If that is the wrong way to report bugs,
or you have a preferred way, feel free to let me know.

BUG Description: Upon searching a Code Project by mentor raises an error
when the key words does not exist. Please see the message below.

Environment:

Request Method: GET

Request URL:
https://codestand.ietf.org/codestand/matches/search/False?search=baushke&submit=search

Django Version: 1.10.7

Python Version: 2.7.6

Installed Applications:

('django.contrib.admin',

'django.contrib.admindocs',

'django.contrib.auth',

'django.contrib.contenttypes',

'django.contrib.humanize',

'django.contrib.messages',

'django.contrib.sessions',

'django.contrib.sitemaps',

'django.contrib.sites',

'django.contrib.staticfiles',

'anora',

'bootstrap3',

'django_markup',

'django_password_strength',

'djangobwr',

'form_utils',

'tastypie',

'widget_tweaks',

'ietf.api',

'ietf.community',

'ietf.dbtemplate',

'ietf.doc',

'ietf.group',

'ietf.idindex',

'ietf.iesg',

'ietf.ietfauth',

'ietf.ipr',

'ietf.liaisons',

'ietf.mailinglists',

'ietf.mailtrigger',

'ietf.meeting',

'ietf.message',

'ietf.name',

'ietf.nomcom',

'ietf.person',

'ietf.redirects',

'ietf.release',

'ietf.review',

'ietf.submit',

'ietf.sync',

'ietf.utils',

'ietf.secr.announcement',

'ietf.secr.areas',

'ietf.secr.drafts',

'ietf.secr.groups',

'ietf.secr.meetings',

'ietf.secr.proceedings',

'ietf.secr.roles',

'ietf.secr.rolodex',

'ietf.secr.sreq',

'ietf.secr.telechat',

'ietf.codestand',

'ietf.codestand.accounts',

'ietf.codestand.matches',

'ietf.codestand.requests')

Installed Middleware:

('django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',

'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',

'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',

'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',

'django.contrib.auth.middleware.SessionAuthenticationMiddleware',

'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',

'django.middleware.http.ConditionalGetMiddleware',

'ietf.middleware.sql_log_middleware',

'ietf.middleware.SMTPExceptionMiddleware',

'ietf.middleware.redirect_trailing_period_middleware',

'django.middleware.clickjacking.XFrameOptionsMiddleware',

'ietf.middleware.unicode_nfkc_normalization_middleware')

Traceback:

File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py"
in inner

  42.             response = get_response(request)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py"
in _get_response

  187.                 response = self.process_exception_by_middleware(e,
request)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py"
in _get_response

  185.                 response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args,
**callback_kwargs)

File "/var/www/codestand/ietf/codestand/matches/views.py" in search

  235.                     user =
Person.objects.using('datatracker').get(id=cd.coder)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in
get

  385.                 self.model._meta.object_name

Exception Type: DoesNotExist at /codestand/matches/search/False

Exception Value: Person matching query does not exist.

---

From: Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:54:20 -0200

Hello Daniel

In fact, there is no specific e-mail address to report bugs. As such, the list can help wtr now. Kathleen, Christian, what do you think about creating an e-mail address for that?

Daniel, Neimar will address these issues asap.

Best regards,

Lisandro 

> Em 4 de jan de 2018, à(s) 13:48, Daniel Migault <[email-masked]> escreveu:
> 
> Hi,
>  
> I am using the mailing list, as my understanding was that codestand does not have a specific bug tracker. If that is the wrong way to report bugs, or you have a preferred way, feel free to let me know.
>  
> BUG Description: Upon searching a Code Project by mentor raises an error when the key words does not exist. Please see the message below.
>  
>  
> Environment:
>  
>  
> Request Method: GET
> Request URL: https://codestand.ietf.org/codestand/matches/search/False?search=baushke&submit=search <https://codestand.ietf.org/codestand/matches/search/False?search=baushke&submit=search>
>  
> Django Version: 1.10.7
> Python Version: 2.7.6
> Installed Applications:
> ('django.contrib.admin',
> 'ietf.name <http://ietf.name/>',
> 'ietf.nomcom',
> 'ietf.person',
> 'ietf.redirects',
> 'ietf.release',
> 'ietf.review',
> 'ietf.submit',
> 'ietf.sync',
> 'ietf.utils',
> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
>   187.                 response = self.process_exception_by_middleware(e, request)
>  
> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
>   185.                 response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
>  
>   235.                     user = Person.objects.using('datatracker').get(id=cd.coder)
>  
> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in get
> _______________________________________________
> Codestand-develop mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codestand-develop