Subject: [Codestand-develop] edits to codestand pages

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 16:57:44 -0400

Hello,

I'm looking through the codestand pages and have some edit recommendations.

On the *landing Page*, I'd remove "Hi! Welcome to IETF CodeStand" and
replace it with:

"IETF CodeStand"

The paragraph following it is pretty good, but I'm going to think about it
more to see if some editing may help.  I think I'd like to see a pointer
from the 3rd sentence that explains the benefits to each user.  We have
that text from a previous flyer/handout for GHC.  So we'll have to think
about it and see if we can dig up that content.

*Projects page*

We need a descriptive text header here so it is clear what this page is
about when a user lands on it.  How about:

"A searchable database of coding projects or implementations of drafts and
standards"

We need to have some actual projects populated this page before Oct 19th,
so can we get the announcement out to the routing area and the SecDir lists
mentioning that we will be announcing this to students so having the list
of projects would be helpful.  Maybe Jim Schaad can add his to the list?
This is the live data, correct?

*CodeRequests page*

A descriptive header would be helpful here too.  How about:

"A searchable database of coding projects with timeline estimates* and
assigned mentors"

Footnote:
*Estimates are not necessarily accurate and should be assessed by those
looking to match to a project as coding ability and familiarity with
protocols vary.

*TopCoders page*

Description:

"Listing of coders by number of projects implemented or matched for
CodeRequests.  Other measures, such as reputation scoring may be included
in future releases of CodeStand."

Notes:

I think the text from the previous description page might be helpful to
link from our landing page.  Here is the version in the Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-dir4eV4Ih1V2tQSDdNRndrdGc

**Toral: Is this the latest?  I don't think so.

Let me know what you think, team!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen