Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v6.68.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 09:59:12 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.68.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.68.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Ballot position API.  Support for API keys.**

  This release provides infrastructure to handle API keys and easily
  build API endpoints which use API keys instead of username/password
  login.  It also introduces an API endpoint built on this infrastrucure
  in order to let ADs automate posting of their ballot positions (if for
  example they have built their own infrastructure to manage, track, and
  update ballot positions and comments).

  Pages to view, create, and disable API keys are available to logged-in
  users.  Since the use case for API keys is somewhat different (and possibly
  harder to secure) than the use case for username/password login (they might
  for instance be placed on servers in order to automate operations from the
  server) they have been given some addtional limitations, compared to
  username/password authentication.  These are the principles used:

  - Each API key is bound to a specific user with a personal profile and
    verified email.

  - API keys require an active user -- API keys cannot be used to authorise
    operations if too long a time has passed since the user logged in with
    username and password (this limit is initially set to 30 days).

  - API keys can easily be revoked by the owner (and replacement keys
    generated) in order to make it easy to recover from inadvertent
    exposure of a key.

  - Each API key is bound to a specific API endpoint.  On each use it is
    checked that the API key matches the API endpoint for which it is being
    used.

  - API key usage is logged, and users who have active (not disabled) API keys
    will receive a weekly email report for each key showing how many times it
    has been used, and at which time, as a monitoring service.

  The release also contains [14404] from [email-masked]:
  Include an explicitly set Responsible ADs email addresses in generated 
  aliases when a document has a group.  

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  17 Dec 2017 15:44:06 -0800

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.68.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.68.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)