Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v6.62.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 08:52:14 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.62.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.62.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **API for submission automation**

  This release introduces an API suitable for automation of draft submission,
  as proposed by [email-masked] and encouraged by others.
  Instructions are available at https://datatracker.ietf.org/api/submit.  The
  interface accepts only xml uploads which can be processed on the server, and
  requires the user to have a datatracker account. A successful submit still
  requires the same email confirmation roundtrip as submissions done through
  the regular submission tool.  The release also contains some bugfixes.

  From the commit log:

  * Added ietf.utils.text.unidecode_name() and replaced various uses of 
    unidecode() with it, in order to normalize the generation of ascii versions 
    of names, to avoid different practices in space stripping and space 
    normalization in different parts of the code.

  * Added submit API instructions and fixed a bug in error handling for the 
    submission validity checkers.

  * Added an API for draft submission, at /api/submit.  Added an urls.py file
    under api/ to hold api urls, and moved those from ietf/urls.py.
    Refactored out many parts of the regular submission forms and functions in
    submit/forms.py and submit/views.py in order to re-use the appropriate
    parts for the submission API.  Moved support functions to submit/utils.py.
    Added a new validation errors for missing docName in xml-based
    submissions.  Updated the submission test document templates to use insert
    additional values.  Added failure and success test cases for automated API
    submissions, and refactored some test utility functions.

  * Tweaked Document.relations_that_doc() to accept unicode relationship 
    strings, in order to let it be called from modules importing  
    __future__.unicode_literals.

  * Tweaked the test utility function create_person() to create ascii-only
    .ascii fields, which it did not do before.

  * Modified the mailtrigger clean_duplicates to reduce email address list 
    entries with the same address but different names to one instance, and use 
    consistent unicode names for authors if known.

  * Fixed another place where updated logic is needed to get the current
    meeting when we have multiple future meetings.  Fixes issue #2371.

  * Updated meeting.helpers.get_meeting() to deal with multiple future 
    meetings the same way get_ietf_meeting() does.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  17 Sep 2017 06:05:04 -0700

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.62.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.62.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)