Subject: [codesprints] New xml2rfc release: v2.6.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 05:07:26 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.6.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.6.0) ietf; urgency=medium
  * The implementation of the 'authorship' PI in the original TCL tool would
    suppress the Author's Address section when set to "no", while in the
    current implementation it removed author information on the first page.
    Changed to the original semantics.  Also author organisation handling on
    the first page changed to use the submissionType setting to trigger the
    behaviour described in issue #311.  Fixes issue #311 without overlaying
    this on the 'authorship' PI.
  * Added a check for the 'needLines' PI within lists.
  * Fixed a bug in the code for the 'sectionorphans' PI. Added a PI
    'tocpagebreak' to force a page break before the ToC.  This, together with
    the fix for #311 and needLines within lists, lets xml2rfc produce
    rfc7754.txt correctly from suitable xml without postprocessing.
  * Tweaked the eref output in text mode to avoid generating extraneous 
    space characters.  Fixes issue #329.
  * Merged in [2251] from [email-masked]:
    Changed to use the emph character in spanex so that the same thing happens
    in both html and text if an unknown attribute is given.  Fixes issue #297"
  * Merged in [2250] from [email-masked], with tweaks:
    Added code to emit sections in two sections, numbered and un-numbered,
    separately.  Then emit the numbered appendixes, the index, the unnumbered
    appendixes, cref items, authors at the end of the document.  Fixes issue
    #310.
  * Merged in [2249] from [email-masked]:
    If you have an xref or similar element in an annotation in a reference,
    any text that follows the xref is absent from the output HTML file.  Text
    files emit correctly.  Fixed the html generation.
  * Merged in [2248] from [email-masked]: 
    The HTML rendering for <xref> elements were inconsistent with the text
    rendering.  Fixed this by doing something completely different than is
    called for in the bug report:
    We follow the layout of what the V3 HTML document says to do.  This
    means that we use the child text of the xref when it exists to the
    exclusion of any generated text.  When the child text does not exist
    then we use the synthesized text string as the text for the anchor
    element.  In all cases the anchor element is emitted with an href of the
    target.  Fixes issue #293.
  * Merged in [2247] from [email-masked]:
    Added true and false as legal values for the attribute numbered on a
    section.xml Fixes issue #313
  * Eliminated redundant PI parsing, now that each element carries the local 
    PI settings.
  * Merged in patch from [email-masked], see ticket #307:
    Fixed a problem where if there are no authors, references in HTML are
    badly formatted.  Fixes issue #307 and #309.
  * Merged in [2215] from [email-masked], with some tweaks to make
    things work under python 3.x:
    Don't split special terms with embedded forward slash on the slash
    character.  Fixes issue #288.  Also added code to deal with an extra tab
    in the middle of a sentence.
  * Changed the handling of PIs such that each element in the parsed xml 
    tree holds the PI state at that point of the xml document.  This provides 
    the ability to use different PI settings at different points in the 
    document.  This only makes sense for some PIs, though.  The following PIs 
    will now be honoured if changed inside the document, in order to provide 
    more flexibility: 'multiple-initials', 'artworkdelimiter', 'compact', 
    'subcompact', 'text-list-symbols', 'colonspace'.
  * Honour the way double initials are given in the XML, with or without 
    interleaved spaces.  See issue #303, which says of multiple initials '... 
    Expectation was that it would exactly match the initials attribute in the 
    XML'
  * Merged in [2070] from [email-masked]:
    Enabled the multiple-initial PI again.  The code now also looks for the PI
    as the first element of the author element, to apply for that author entry
    only, with a default of 'no'.
  * Merged in [2064] from [email-masked]:
    Added handling for absent author initials for the html generator.
  * Merged in [2062] from [email-masked]:
    This commit provides support for multiple author initials.  Fixes issue
    #303.  Also fixes the issue of extra commas showing up when there are no
    initials, just a surname.
  * Merged in [2059] from [email-masked]:
    Changet to emit html not xhtml.  Addresses issues #263 and #279.
  * Updated additional test masters needed to make the tox tests pass, and
    changed the html encoding and decoding to use utf-8, to work with the
    unicode and utf-8 tests.
  * Removed python 2.6 from tox texting (a previous commit added python 3.5).
  * Don't let the value of 'title' be None, make it an empty string if that 
    happens.  Fixes issue #328
  * Someone might want to set hangIndent to zero.  Test the value against None
    explicitly to permit this to succeed.
  * Added an --utf8 switch to xml2rfc.  In nroff mode, the output will 
    contain utf-8 characters, not \[u8FD9] escapes; use groff with the -Kutf8 
    switch to process the resulting nroff.
  * Removed all references to xml.resource.org; it is not useful for 
    fallback purposes any more.

The new version is available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.6.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 11:47:46 -0400

Greetings!

xml2rfc 2.6.0 has been installed on the RFC servers.

Matt

> On May 31, 2017, at 8:07 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints
> 

-------------------------------------------
Matthew Larson, Software Engineer
Association Management Solutions
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
5177 Brandin Court
Fremont, CA  94538