Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v6.37.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 05:15:53 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.37.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.37.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **YouTube links, Fixed bibtex and tweaked meeting materials pages**

  This release brings some new small features, and a bunch of bugfixes.  The
  IETF meeting agenda now provides links to the YouTube videos generated from
  the Meetecho video stream as soon as they have been uploaded and the URL has
  been added to the datatracker.  It improves both content and rendering time
  for the new meeting materials page, and it fixes a problem with the bibxml
  entries provided by the datatracker.  It also contains enhancements to the
  development view of sql queries executed as part of generating the current
  page, the addition of function call duration to the @debug.trace decorator,
  and code refacturing which should speed up meeting-related pages in general.

  Details from the commit log:

  * Merged in [12213] from [email-masked]: Fixed a bug where interim
    announcement form was initialized with lists instead of strings.  

  * Rewrote Document.href() to not do database queries when possible, as that
    has a big performance impact.  Fixed a number of tests which relied on
    href() not doing the right thing for simplified test data.  Added caching
    of canonical_name(), which can be quite heavy.  Additional refactoring in
    a number of places, to use better test data and avoid test failures for
    good code.

  * Updated the installation instructions file.

  * Added caching to avoid calling the meat of each of the Session minutes(),
    recordings(), bluesheets(), slides(), drafts() methods more than once per
    session instance.  This removes another 3*#sessions sql queries from the
    meeting materials page when the materials are all in place (less when the
    first invocation reurns nothing).

  * Removed caching of the materials page from the template (edit buttons are
    different for different users), and used select_related() and code
    re-write to reduce the sql query count from ~1900 to ~600, query time from
    ~2s to ~0.5s.  More can be done, but the page response time is more
    acceptable now.

  * Refined the sql debug view at the bottom of each page.  Added a column
    showing the WHERE clause, as that is quite helpful in working out where a
    given query is coming from.  Also added a column that indicates whether a
    query originated in view code or template rendering.  Added an sql_debug
    template variable to make it easier to switch between the sql debug view
    and using the django-debug-toolbar.

  * Added call duration information to the @debug.trace decorator.

  * Fixed a bad link to uploaded session agendas.

  * Added a Document.pub_date() method which returns the RFC publication
    datetime or other documents' new-revision datetime.  Changed the generated
    bibtex entries to use pub_date().  Added tests for the bibtex entries, and
    added 'bibtexparser' to requirements.txt, for use in testing.  Fixes issue
    #2032.

  * Added caching of Document.href() values.

  * Changed the agenda template to provide links to video recordings on
    youtube if available, instead of pointing at meetecho's archive.

  * To minimize what seems to be an increased risk of segfaults when using
    virtualenv with system packages, this commit introduces an alternative,
    which does away with the general system package availability, but adds
    symlinks to two svn related system packages when running checks.

  * Updated the INSTALL file with the changes from 6.36.0.

  * Added a note on better handling of the meeting break areas to the PLAN
    file.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  29 Oct 2016 03:56:51 -0700

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.37.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.37.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 14:17:11 -0400

Greetings all!

Datatracker 6.37.0 has been deployed to production, and Datatracker 6.37.1.dev0 has been deployed to the Sandbox.

Matt

> On Oct 30, 2016, at 8:15 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints
> 

-------------------------------------------
Matthew Larson, Software Engineer
Association Management Solutions
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
5177 Brandin Court
Fremont, CA  94538

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 20:01:23 +0100

Thank you, Matt!

	Henrik