Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v6.12.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 02:29:20 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.12.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.12.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Document timelines, table sorting, iesg agenda page counts, AD position colours**

  This is a combined feature and bugfix release.

  New features from [email-masked]:
  - Graphical document timelines at the top of each draft and RFC document
    page, giving an overall graphical view of the history timeline of the
    document and its ancestors.
  - Swift client-side sorting of tables, wherever it makes sense.
  - Document dependency graphs are now provided in svg format by default.
    The old pdf format is still available if desired.

  New features from [email-masked]:
  - Page counts on the IESG agenda and documents pages

  New features from [email-masked]:
  - Substantially reworked AD position signal colours, with sidebars, on
    the AD view of the IESG agenda and document pages.

  There is also a long list of bugfixes, provided by [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], and
  [email-masked].  Here are details, extracted from the commit log:
  
  * Don't redirect to proceedings for future meetings which exist in the
    database but don't have a schedule yet.  We want to show tne agenda (even
    if empty) for those.

  * Merged in [10636] from [email-masked]:
    Refactored counting telechat pages to do it only in one place.  Count more
    accurately and make it possible to report more granularly. Added page
    counts to agenda.json.

  * Merged in [10634] from [email-masked]:
    Change the text used in conflict review approval messages. Fixes #1877.  

  * Merged in [10633] from [email-masked]:
    If the Internet-Draft is not the current revision, set the URLs to 
    settings.IETF_ID_ARCHIVE_URL.  Fixes #1876. 

  * Merged in [10632] from [email-masked]:
    For documents in the IETF stream, display consensus in the IESG portion 
    of the page.  For documents in other streams, disply consensis in the 
    Stream portion of the page.  Fixes #1560. 

  * Merged in [10631] from [email-masked]:
    Added page counts to iesg/agenda/documents and to the edit telechat date 
    form. Fixes #1772.  

  * Merged in [10630] from [email-masked]:
    Better handling of consensus for BCPs and  standards track documents.  
    Partial fix for ticket 1560. 

  * Merged in [10624] from [email-masked]:
    ValueError at /ipr/new-specific.  Fixes #1873.

  * Merged in [10623] from [email-masked]:
    Simplify the dependency graph generation, by relying on dot to generate
    PDF (and now also SVG) directly. Default to showing SVG from the link on a
    group's page.

  * Merged in [10621] from [email-masked]:
    Use js tablesort almost everywhere I thought it would make sense. While I
    touched the pages, I also corrected a few minor HTML nits, capitalization
    inconsistencies and some other minor things.

  * Merged in [10605] from [email-masked]:
    Show IDs that expired with a fading gradient and don't extend their box
    after 185 days. Plus a bunch of cosmetic changes. 

  * Rewrote crawl_history() to be easier to read (renaming multiple 
    'retval' variables and other naming tweaks) and made it return distinct 
    revisions without the added uniqueness filtering round from 
    /personal/lars/6.11.1.dev0@10604.

  * Merged in [10591] from [email-masked]:
    Added a negative test to ensure the RFC Editor is not included on 
    notifications of manual posts by the Secretariat unless the document is in 
    the RFC Editor Queue.

  * Added a directory for staging of manually submitted drafts, instead of
    using hardcoded /tmp/, and added creation and removal of a test directory
    for this.

  * Merged in [10586] from [email-masked]:
    Added automated tests for the fix for ticket #1751. 

  * Merged in [10569] from [email-masked]:
    For manual posting of an I-D by the Secretariat, include the RFC Editor 
    on the email message if the I-D is in the RFC Editor Queue. Fixes #1751. 

  * Changed a helper function meeting_updated() to a method on Meeting, and 
    provided it as a synthetic attribute on the /api/v1/meeting/meeting/ 
    endpoints of the JSON API.

  * Merged in [10567] from [email-masked]:
    For Charters, display the Responsible AD as well as the Charter Edit AD.
    Fixes #1829. 

  * Moved the timeline colouring css to ietf.less, to pick up the brand
    colours directly.

  * Merged in /personal/lars/6.11.1.dev0@10590 from [email-masked],  which 
    brings in a timeline view at the top of document pages.

  * Merged in [10551] and [10553] from [email-masked]:
    Added an .editorconfig file, so we can have some consistency in the project.
    (I don't care what settings we use, as long as we all use the same.)  Use
    four spaces as default (Python default, as suggested by Henrik).

  * Tweaked the colours a bit in order to make it easier for ADs to 
    distinguish between the position colours on their personalised versions of 
    iesg/agenda/documents/.

  * Added a coloured bar at the right-hand side of the ADs' view of 
    iesg/agenda/documents/, in order to make it easier to distinguish between 
    the 'yes' and 'no-objection' colour codes.

  * Moved definitions for the AD ballot position's background colours 
    (which shows each AD his own positions by colour coding) from ietf.css to 
    ietf.less, to make it easier to adjust the colours while keeping to the 
    hues of the colour palette.

  * Updated and corrected the description in the README file of of how the 
    contents of the bootstrap/dist/ directory end up in the right place for 
    static serving.

  * Merged in [10540] from [email-masked]:
    Update vnu HTML5 validator, and fix an HTML nit it found. 

  * Merged in [10539] from [email-masked]:
    Fix CSS/js inclusion of select2 from new static location. (Looks like this
    file was forgotten when we began to use bower.)  

  * Merged in [10538] from [email-masked]:
    Fixes for displaying IRTF RGs (call them RGs, and don't show IESG state.) 

  * Merged in [10536] from [email-masked]:
    Manage html5shiv and respond.js locally via bower, rather than relying on
    the CDN.  

  * Merged in [10532] from [email-masked]:
    Move to bootstrap 3.3.6, with a simpler way to maintain our customized
    version in the future (described in bootstrap/README-DATATRACKER.rst). 

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  12 Jan 2016 13:32:10 -0800

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.12.0'

For development, check out the new development version instead:
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.12.1.dev0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:09:54 +0000

On 2016-01-14, at 3:35, Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 02:29:20AM -0800, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> I ran into this today, and I thought it was cool and useful, but I was
> trying to understand the meaning of the "fade-out" parts of the
> timeline.  Is that draft expiry or something?

Yep. Any version whose next version is more than 185 days in the future gets the gradient applied. Happy to hear better suggestions to visualize this!

Lars