Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v5.6.5

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:15:05 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v5.6.5, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (5.6.5) ietf; urgency=medium

  This is a minor release which brings in support for 'recording' documents,
  intended to cover audio and video recordings.  This makes it possible to
  associate links to audio and video recordings with meeting sessions, and
  will make it possible to also include such links in the proceedings.  There
  is also a database schema migration needed to support the 'recording'
  documents.

  * Merged in [8237] from [email-masked]:
    Changes to support video content in proceedings ('recording' document 
    type).

  * Normalized the naming of a couple of NameModel subclasses, with a migration
    and updated fixture.

  * Added a migration to change foreign keys to NameModel models from 8 to 
    32 bytes.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  25 Oct 2014 08:57:00 -0700

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/5.6.5'

For development, check out the new development version instead:
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/5.6.6-dev0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 14:44:53 +0100

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your continued support.

I've been wondering...
There are some updates that are interesting not only to the IESG, but 
also to the WG chairs.
The one below on audio and video recording is a typical example.
Would it make sense to forward your generated emails to the wg-chairs 
list as well?
Alternatively, we could send a kind of summary email, on a less frequent 
basis, ideally with the tracker improvements interesting to the chairs.

Background: during IETF 87, I presented around "Guidelines for WG Chair 
Portion of the Datatracker" during the Wed WG chair lunch meeting. I was 
very surprised to see that the WG chairs are not up to date with the 
latest developments in the tracker.

Regards, Benoit
> .

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:04:46 +0100

Hi Benoit,

It's easy enough to add the WG chairs to the release notifications; I've
done that now.  The list admin may need to whitelist the sender.

I try to always provide an abstract at the top of the release notes, with
the details following, so someone who want to partake only of the large
picture of what a release is about can easily stop reading after the
abstract.

Should I re-send the recent 5.6.5 and 5.7.0 release notes to the chairs,
do you think?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:07:41 +0100

Thanks Henrik.
Maybe worth resending the previous one, with a little explanation that, 
from now on, WG chairs can expect this type of emails.

Regards, Benoit