Subject: [codesprints] Need help for setting up the local environment...

From: Qi Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:12:36 +0800

Hi, 

As a new to the Code Sprint project, I encountered some errors while setting up the local environment on Mac OSX 10.9.2. I followed the instruction on codesprint setup pages (MacSetup, SprintDatabase, and SprintCoderSetup), however, I got the following errors that I’ve no idea how to handle. 

The errors happened when submission parts were tested. And the message says “AssertionError: None is not true”. Is there something I missed in the configuration? 

Could you please help me out with this (rookie) issue? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Qi

//The followings are the error messages.

======================================================================
FAIL: test_cancel_submission (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 354, in test_cancel_submission
   status_url = self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_edit_submission_and_force_post (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 376, in test_edit_submission_and_force_post
   status_url = self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_request_full_url (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 509, in test_request_full_url
   self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_search_for_submission_and_edit_as_secretariat (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 464, in test_search_for_submission_and_edit_as_secretariat
   self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_submit_existing (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 209, in test_submit_existing
   status_url = self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_submit_new_iab (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 343, in test_submit_new_iab
   self.do_submission(name, "00")
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_submit_new_individual (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 277, in test_submit_new_individual
   status_url = self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_submit_new_irtf (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 333, in test_submit_new_irtf
   self.do_submission(name, "00")
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_submit_new_wg (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 127, in test_submit_new_wg
   status_url = self.do_submission(name, rev)
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

======================================================================
FAIL: test_submit_new_wg_with_dash (ietf.submit.tests.SubmitTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 322, in test_submit_new_wg_with_dash
   self.do_submission(name, "00")
 File "/Users/sunqi/labworksvn/ietf/ietf90/codesprint/5.4.4-dev0/ietf/submit/tests.py", line 80, in do_submission
   self.assertTrue(re.search('\s+Summary:\s+0\s+errors|No nits found', submission.idnits_message))
AssertionError: None is not true

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran 298 tests in 146.706s

FAILED (failures=10)
    Checking that it's safe to destroy test database...
Destroying test database for alias 'default'...

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 08:29:28 -0500

My first guess is that you don't have a copy of idnits?

You can get one from the download link at 
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/
You'll need to tell your tracker instance about it by putting
IDSUBMIT_IDNITS_BINARY = '<path to where you installed idnits>'
in your settings_local.py

If that's right, please help by updating the wiki (on the 
SprintCoderSetup page) to include those steps.

Or if you had already done that, let me know and I'll help dig into the 
errors more deeply.

RjS

On 6/10/14, 2:12 AM, Qi Sun wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints

---

From: Qi Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:59:21 +0800

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your help!

Yes, that path is where I got wrong. I did download the idnits package from that website, but I misunderstood the meaning of ‘IDSUBMIT_IDNITS_BINARY’: I should have put the path of ‘idnits’ file there, however I put the directory where the idnits file exists…

Is it necessary to update the wiki to reflect this (but it might just be me, because of my misunderstanding)? 

Thanks, 
Qi

On Jun 10, 2014, at 9:29 PM, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> You can get one from the download link at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/
> If that's right, please help by updating the wiki (on the SprintCoderSetup page) to include those steps.
> 
> Or if you had already done that, let me know and I'll help dig into the errors more deeply.
> 
> RjS
>