Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v5.4.3

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 15:16:39 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v5.4.3, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (5.4.3) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Merged in [7772] from [email-masked]:
    Checks that an email address will survive encoding as part of
    validating a liaison form. Fixes bug 1410.  

  * Merged in [7766] from [email-masked]:
    Improves the robustness of the SMTP error handling utilities. Fixes bug 
    #1409.  

  * Tweaked mkrelease to add a new development tag matching each new 
    release tag, to make it easier to create personal development branches with 
    development settings.

  * Merged [7748] from [email-masked]:
    Adjust when publication request button appears for documents in
    non-ietf streams. Fixes bug #1402.  

  * Merged [7740] from [email-masked]: 
    Fixed a crash when requesting sessions for groups that do not have
    ADs. Applied to production as 2014-05-13-sreq-rg.patch .  

  * Merged [7735] from [email-masked]: 
    Fixed coloring rows: The js IETF object needs to exist for the
    code to work. Fixes bug #1303.  

  * Merged [7734] from [email-masked]: 
    Changes to support IAB group types, including requesting a session
    and uploading materials.  

  * Merged in [7732] from [email-masked]:
    Extended ScheduledSession objects were not initialized correctly, so 
    un-extending did not work. Fixes bug #1401.  

  * Added a file used by bin/mergeready to mark certain releases which has 
    earlier been marked as ready to merge with a 'hold' indication, instead.

  * Replaced a symlink with the real file -- symlink committed by mistake.

  * Added validation of successful draft title extraction on draft 
    submission upload, to avoid a later exception when trying to store draft 
    information for a draft with a null title.

  * Merged in [7726] from [email-masked]:
    Fix secauth middleware to grant access to WG Secretary, RG Chair and 
    Area Director.   

  * Merged [7705] from [email-masked]: 
    Corrected Document vs DocHistory mismatch when working with
    status-change documents. Corrected creation of BallotDocEvent
    timestamps. Fixes bug #1396.  

  * Merged [7678] from [email-masked]: 
    Show correct group type and ommit link to tools.ietf.org on BOF
    proceedings.  

  * Merged [7677] from [email-masked]: 
    Protect against cases where add_state_change_event can return
    None. Fixes bug # 1383.  

  * Fixed a typo (missing space) in a template.  Fixes issue #1398.

  * Added a utility command 'mergeready' which lists commits marked as 
    'Commit ready for merge' that have not yet been merged to trunk.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  02 Jun 2014 15:10:37 -0700

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/5.4.3'

For development, check out the new development version instead:
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/5.4.4-dev0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 06:02:25 +0000

Hi,

>  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/5.4.4-dev0'

what are the differences between the two branches? For the facelift stuff, which should I branch off of?

Lars

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:36:26 +0200

Hi Lars,

> what are the differences between the two branches? For the facelift stuff, which should I branch off of?

The difference is this:
  http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/changeset/7831/trunk/

If someone pulls down a production release and runs it locally, without
changing the debug and server_mode settings, the development experience
won't be so good, and they might even send out emails as if this was the
production server, if they exercise mail-sending functionality.  We've
had a few cases of this happening, never anything serious, but thought
it would be just as well to provide a better starting point for developers.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Ryan Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:00:50 -0700

Datatracker v5.4.3 has been deployed.

Ryan

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 23:54:05 +0200

Hi Ryan,

> Datatracker v5.4.3 has been deployed.

Thank you!

Best regards,

	Henrik