Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v5.3.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:15:20 +0200

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v5.3.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (5.3.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release changes user authentication for the datatracker from basic http
  auth to Django's built-in authentication.  This has the advantage of making it
  possible to log out, and log in as a different user, which can be useful,
  and it also changes the password hash storage for each user to a much stronger
  hash scheme, upon his or her first successful login after the deployment.

  The email-verification roundtrip which is required to create a new login, or
  change the password of an existing login, is retained.  For the time being,
  creating an account and updating a password will also be reflected in the
  htpasswd file which was used for authentication previously; however, since
  this cancels the advantage of stronger password hashing which django's built-in
  authentication provides, it should be phased out as soon as possible.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  09 Apr 2014 20:40:33 +0200

The new version is available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/5.3.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:54:08 -0400

Datatracker 5.3.0 has been deployed.

Matt

> 	(via the mkrelease script)

-------------------------------------------
Matthew Larson, Asst. IT Director
Association Management Solutions
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
http://www.amsl.com

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:47:41 +0200

Thank you, Matt!

	Henrik

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:49:50 -0400

The new login code seems to be working.

Russ