Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v5.0.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:11:51 +0100

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v5.0.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (5.0.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  With this release, a journey which started in 2008 with a *major* redesign
  of the IETF database schema has reached its goal.  We've now converted the
  datatracker completely to the schema designed then, swapping out all the
  models that were changed, converted the database, swapped out all the GUI
  code that was built against the old models, and polished off a host of minor
  issues arising from the conversion.  All this while completing and
  integrating 10 major functionality enhancement projects and releasing more
  than 50 minor releases, with not a single day of downtime.  A history of
  release notes is available here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/

  In addition to bringing in the last scheduled polish of the conversion,
  this release also brings in an upgrade of the Django framework from version
  1.2 to 1.6, which gives us a number of new tools and possibilities for
  future work.
  
  A particular mention goes to Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>, an outstanding
  programmer at the small Danish firm IOLA, who has been doing a lot of the
  heavy lifting in coding the shim-layer which made it possible to change the
  database schema without a total re-write in the spring of 2012, followed by
  the major code re-write which has taken place since then to get rid of all
  the parts which were written to the old database schema.

  Thanks also goes to all the IETF code sprint participants who have
  contributed, and to Robert Sparks in particular who has contributed *a lot*
  to make it all come together.

  There are still some parts of the schema that need an overhaul, and plans
  exist for addressing those, but overall we should be in good shape for the
  near future, with some room to grow :-)

  Detailed change information is available at:
  - http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk
  - http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/branch/iola/djangoport
  - http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/branch/iola/shimfree

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  28 Jan 2014 0:04:11 +0100

The new version is available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/5.0.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:50:03 +0100

Thanks to all,

Those datatracker changes really make a huge difference.

Regards, Benoit
> .

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:42:40 -0500

Datatracker 5.0.0 has been successfully deployed to the production server.

Matt

On Jan 30, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints
> 

-------------------------------------------
Matthew Larson, Asst. IT Director
Association Management Solutions
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
http://www.amsl.com

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:48:47 -0500

A significant milestone has been reached. Congrats to all.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:12:29 +0100

Thank you, Matt!

Best regards,

	Henrik