Subject: Re: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v4.60

From: Steve Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:34:06 -0700

Hi Henrik,

Datatracker v4.60 has been deployed.

Best regards,
Steve

On 7/23/13 9:33 AM, "Henrik Levkowetz" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>Hi,
>
>This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release,
>v4.60, generated when running the mkrelease script.
>
>Release notes:
>
>ietfdb (4.60) ietf; urgency=high
>  This release provides new shimfree code in /doc/ which replaces code
>mainly
>  from /idrfc/ and /idindex/.  It comprises the first two code drops from
>the
>  shimfree project.  There are also some additional functionality, as
>detailed
>  below.
>  * Added an index page at /help/state, listing the document states that
>    have help information.
>  * On request form the secretariat, added a note to the new I-D
>announcement
>    messages about there being a couple of minutes delay between
>submission
>    and the appearance of htmlized document and diff on the tools servers.
>  * Merged in two huge chunks of shim-layer removals from [email-masked],
>    comprising:
>     - Deleted dead code in many places.
>     - Renamed id-something to draft-something, make the "is
>       this eligible for expiration" logic clearer
>     - Added a name for IPR search URL
>     - Revamped the ballot popup view
>     - URL reversed the IPR search link instead of hardcoding it
>     - Cleaned up search views and remove dead code, port them to the new
>DB
>       schema, hack related views in iesg/ and wginfo/ to use the new
>search
>       interfaces, avoid camelCase in search GET parameters (with
>       backwards-compat fallback), add some simple search unit tests,
>remove
>       caching from views_search.py index pages as they're now pretty
>fast to
>       generate, rewrite ballot popup JS, regularize some CSS classes to
>use
>       hyphen-notation rather than camelCase, move some of the search
>       templates to doc/.  idrfc/ now mostly contains some wrapper code
>still
>       in use by other subdirs, some ported code not yet moved, and dead
>code.
>     - Fixed output bug in test crawler and print referrer upon errors so
>it's
>       easier to figure out where a link came from
>     - Added /doc/in-last-call/ to crawler, report original page as
>referrer in
>       a redirect chain rather than intermediate URL
>     - Ported idindex to new schema, speed them up, add tests, refactor
>index
>       page in views_search to share code with the text index file, get
>rid
>       of some special-case idindex filters from ietf_filters, move
>       "/drafts/" redirects to a file in /doc/
>     - Ported /idtracker/status/ and /idtracker/status/last-call/
>overview of
>       drafts in IESG process to new schema in /doc/iesg/ and
>       /doc/iesg/last-call/
>     - Added redirects for all of /idtracker/*, removed all view code and
>other
>       dead code from idtracker/
>     - Removed the idtracker sitemap indexing drafts - in its current
>form,
>       it adds nothing of value to the HTML-based /doc/all/ view, and it's
>       pretty slow
>     - Ported idtracker feeds to new schema, move them to doc/, cleaned up
>       idtracker/ - only templatetags/ietf_filters and proxy code is left
>     - Removed .related many to many relationship, it's not really useful
>       since we always have to restrict on the relationship type anyway,
>       instead add two helpers for doing the necessary queries (in both
>       directions)
>     - Added migration for transforming the .desc on the new_revision
>events
>       into something more akin to what is actually shown in the history
>page
>     - Added migration for blanking IESG notes that just consist of "RFC
>       XXXX", these have been superfluous for some time
>     - Grant stream chairs access to changing the stream on a draft
>     - Hacked the format_history_text filter to be less weird, using the
>same
>       formatting for snippets and full text, also link up legacy ballot
>set
>       events
>     - Moved the decoraters + utilities to new ietfauth/utils.py file
>     - Added simple helper to Email to identify invalid email addresses
>(from
>       legacy author entries)
>     - Used new new_revision .desc format for when drafts are submitted
>     - Improved the looks of the button class by adding extra contrast
>and a
>       linear gradient. Currently the gradient is only visible in fairly
>       recent browsers.
>     - Rewrote draft and RFC tabs in terms of the new schema, porting
>       write-up and history tabs as well
>     - Fixed two bugs in RFC Editor syncing: make sure documents we don't
>know
>       beforehand get a "draft" type and make sure individually submitted
>       drafts get the type="individ" group instead of NULL
>     - Made the CSS-styled button feel a bit nicer to use by flattening
>the
>       active state, also introduce some temporary styles until browsers
>       catch up with the standard syntax
>     - Added migrations for fixing 1) a dummy RFC entry, 2) three
>stand-alone
>       RFCs that didn't get their doc.type set, 3) a big bunch of historic
>       stand-alone RFCs that have doc.group=None - set these to the
>individual
>       submission "none" group for the time being so the view code doesn't
>       have to deal with a special case.  In some cases this is wrong
>since
>       there actually was a WG associated but unfortunately fixing them
>       properly requires detective work (probably parsing the RFCs) and
>in at
>       least some cases recreating historic WGs. In case someone ends up
>doing
>       this, the documents to check can still be found with
>       Document.objects.filter(name__startswith="rfc",
>group__type="individ")
>       since there are almost no new RFCs that didn't went through the I-D
>       process.
>     - Merged the I-D and RFC views by showing I-D information on RFCs
>too.
>       I-Ds that have been published as RFCs redirect to the RFC URL. Also
>       support alias URLs so e.g. /doc/bcpXXXX redirects to /doc/rfcXXXX.
>     - Fixed revision augmentation so events after RFC publication gets a
>"RFC"
>       designation
>     - Fixed a bug with tabs not using provided name but rather doc.name
>     - Displaying draft-iesg state rather than doc.friendly_state as IESG
>state,
>       also show a notice that the IESG state refers to post-RFC
>processing
>       if it does, like the old separate RFC page did
>     - Fixed the RFC number doc.note migration to catch combined "RFC
>XXX; BCP
>       XXX" notes too, use the opportunity to remove inserted HTML tags
>from
>       notes and rely on linebreaksbr filter instead (the other thing was
>a
>       left-over from the Perl days), update the various uses of the note
>to
>       reflect that
>     - Refactored slightly to make views_doc.py independent of other
>idrfc code
>     - Moveed idrfc/views_doc.py to doc/ with associated templates,
>replace the
>       somewhat fragile simple URL tests for views_doc.py with ordinary
>unit
>       tests. The new tests are still fairly basic but at least test more
>       than the URL tests did.
>     - Made sure RFC's (and BCP/STD/FYI) are stored as RFC123 instead of
>       RFC0123 in the alias table with a new migration and a change to the
>       RFC Editor sync, this in turn makes /doc/std1/ do the right thing
>     - Now /doc/std1/ works, we can actually do a local link in
>       urlize_ietf_docs rather than linking to the tools.ietf.org server
>     - Fixed history text formatter: sanitize HTML before adding
>linebreaks and
>       non-breaking spaces, this cuts the time to render a history page
>with
>       long comments in half
>     - Added a test crawler that walks through the crawlable part of the
>site,
>       reporting errors and slow pages
>     - Got rid of initial "No record" positions when showing old
>positions,
>       it's just noise
>     - Added a .select_related() to the document main tab to reduce the
>number
>       of DB queries, unfortunately it seems it doesn't really help with
>       Django 1.2.x due to a bug (Document inherits from DocumentInfo
>which
>       makes things a bit more complicated)
>     - Introduced a simple cache in doc.get_state so repeated reads don't
>       cause a DB query
>     - Cleaned up the search code in preparation for removal of the
>shim-layer;
>       use a static button and don't send extraneous GET parameters
>
>The new version is available through SVN checkout, with
>  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/4.60'
>
>Regards,
>
>	Henrik
>	(via the mkrelease script)
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:56:22 +0200

Hi Steve,

> Datatracker v4.60 has been deployed.

Thank you!

Best regards,

	Henrik