Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: 4.20

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:06:36 +0200

Hi,

This is a notification about a new datatracker release, v4.20.

Release notes:

  This release introduces major new functionality for managing WG charters
  as documents.  A large number of related and unrelated fixes has also been
  included, an almost complete list is available below, latest first:

  * Added a debug utility module on the same level as south,html5lib etc.

  * Don't try to call get_profile() on a user if the method isn't available.

  * Merged in fixes from Ole, from branch/charter:r4382-4407, and some 
    changes from Henrik (removing the use of pos.blocked in views_ballot.py, 
    and setting a ballot id in idrfc/testsREDESIGN.py) to make 
    idrfc.EditPositionTestCase succeed.

  * Don't include interim meetings in those considered for the default 
    meeting number for the '/meeting/' url.

  * Tweaked the error messages for acronym collisions in the create-wg form.

  * Added quotes around the WG name in the state change text, for better 
    readability.

  * Applied a fix to missing nomcom chair in [4384] instead of [4385].

  * Made arguments to url help_charter_states match the definition in 
    ietf/idrfc/urls.py.

  * Fixed a bug in picking up blocking text (patch provided by [email-masked]).

  * Added a parameter to make the commitlog script useful for other branches 
    than the current.

  * Catch exception which is raised if a nomcom NN group has been created, 
    but no nomcom chair has been announced and added yet.

  Merged in [4364] from [email-masked]:

  * Expose how many pages each document contains on the docs on future 
    telechats page. Fixes bug #828 

  Merged in fixes to the charter branch (r4345 - r4353 and r4354 - r4381)
  from [email-masked].:

  * Check and sanitize text file upload (code is factored out in a new
    helper so it can be reused elsewhere in the future).

  * Move charter state help to /doc/help/state/charter/.

  * Say "generate" rather than "edit" when there's no text in the boxes

  * Don't show diff box if there's only 1 entry (and itself).

  * Say "Charter" rather than "Recharter" on the charter /doc/ page if the 
    group is proposed or a BoF.

  * Treat BoF as proposed WG.

  * s/WG/group/ in acronym clash error message.

  * Add a star to the required fields.

  * Fix test broken by previous commit.

  * Fix buggy new group acronym check.

  * Amend previous commit to generate writeups on entering internal review 
    instead.

  * Generate action and review text automatically.

  * Make phrasing sligtly more clear.

  * Make it move obvious what the change state view actually does by
    rephrasing the form.

  * Fix some phrasing bugs.

  * Fix terminology confusion and say "send ballot" rather than "issue
    ballot" to clear up that it is not actually created.

  * Fix wording of send ballot comment, the actual text was still specific
    to drafts.

  * Don't show edit button for snapshots.

  * Fix bug in hiding "external review needed" checkbox.

  * Create charters in state notrev instead of intrev, as a side effect
    this fixes a problem with comments not being saved when starting
    review on charter.

  * Use revision numbers to identify ballots and put a warning on closed 
    ballots.

  * Fix bug in event description when copying over the final approved
    charter file.

  * Offer text from latest approved revision in case there's no initial text
    for a recharter submit form.

  * Reverse direction of revisions on charter /doc/ page to match 
    tools.ietf.org/html/draft-*.

  * Change max acronym length to 10 instead of 8

  Additional fixes from Henrik:

  * Fixed the signature of DocEventAdmin method (needs explicit 'self' parameter)

  * Added various fixes and correction of merge errors.

  * Merged in fixes to the migration from [email-masked].

  * Merged in the charter branch from [email-masked].

  From Adam:

  * Added a fix for empty .ics files

The new version is available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/4.20'

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Amy Vezza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:43:36 -0400

Hi Henrik,

I've got a quick question regarding this release.

I know in Paris at the IETF Robert Sparks showed me some new functionality to the datatracker that would obsolete the "Via IRTF or RFC Editor" check box for independent stream document submissions (the check box is on the "Edit info" page).  That particular check box hasn't worked properly for a long time.  Is this code fix part of the v4.20 datatracker release?  I can't tell from these notes if it is or not.

Thank you!

Amy

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:35:07 -0500

Hi Amy -

No, that change was not included in 4.20. It should be in the next release.

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:31:51 +0200

Ack, Robert is right.

Best regards,

	Henrik