Subject: [Codematch-develop] [www.ietf.org/rt #198553] Re: CodeStand e-mail sender address

From: "Glen via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 09:05:32 -0800

All -

I apologize that this ticket got stalled.

Matt -

What they want is a send-only SMTP account on the IETF server. Please create
it, and send them the appropriate credentials and instructions.

Thanks,
Glen

On Wed Dec 20 06:25:31 2017, mlarson wrote:

  Hi!

  I am not clear on what you need from our end. Do you need an email account
  for [email-masked] so you can send mail via SMTP through
  mail.ietf.org? Or do just need the IP addresses for the codestand server
  added to the IETF SPF record so you can send mail as ietf.org directly?

  Matt

  On Wed Dec 20 04:05:22 2017, [email-masked] wrote:

    Dear Matt At least at this moment, we don’t intend to use
    [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) (or similar) to send AND
    receive e-mail. We need an e-mail address to be used in the
    notification messages that the CodeStand system generates itself. For
    example, once an important RFC is updated, the system should send a
    notification e-mail to all project leaders that have associated their
    projects to the RFC that has been just updated. In summary, it’s an
    e-mail address for sending messages only. Actually, the e-mail address
    could be [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]).
    Best regards, Lisandro

      Em 18 de dez de 2017, à(s) 17:00, Matt Larson via RT <
      [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])> escreveu:
      Greetings!

      We can take care of this, but I'll need a little more information.
      Is the
      intent to send and receive email for [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
      through the IETF
      server? Or would this be a forwarding alias for incoming mail with
      the outgoing
      mail departing directly from the codestand server?

      Matt

      On Thu Dec 14 10:42:53 2017, [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
      wrote:

      Hello!

      Thanks for your work on this, Neimar! Let's loop in the
      IESG-secretary
      as they will know who can assist.

      Best regards,
      Kathleen

      On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville
      < [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])> wrote:

        Dear all

        Neimar has been developing a notification subsistem for
        CodeStand, for example, to notify project authors about changes
        in drafts or RFCs of interest. Notifications are sent by
        e-mail. Neimar is using a Gmail account as the e-mail sender
        address. That works for development purposes, but it would not
        be appropriate after deploying the subsystem. Question: what is
        the process to request, for example, [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
        (or similar) e-mail address that we could use as the sender of
        CodeStand notifications?

        Best regards,

        Lisandro

      --
      --------------------------------------
      Matthew Larson, Software Engineer
      Association Management Solutions
      Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
      http://www.amsl.com

  --
  --------------------------------------
  Matthew Larson, Software Engineer
  Association Management Solutions
  Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
  http://www.amsl.com