Subject: [Codematch-develop] Terms

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:29:13 -0500

Hello,

We had some updates to terms over the past couple of weeks and it
became apparent when our UI expert started to help us, that we needed
to clean them up a bit.  Lisandro and I worked through the set of
definitions below.  If you have tweaks, please comment on list for the
code set of terms.  We'll run through terms for later parts of the
project (Capstone, sponsor, etc.) in a future discussion.

- WorkingGroup – An IETF working group or an IRTF research group

- Coder – A single developer or representative for a team of
developers that (intend to) code a standard of draft offered through
the CodeMatch site.

- Project - Coding project that might be associated with a
CodeRequest.  A representative may be the "coder" who provides the
link to their project and represents their project to CodeMatch.

- CodeRequest (was CodingRequest) – An advertised opportunity to
implement code. The coding request may be from a WorkingGroup or
individual and will have a responsible shepherd or mentor

- CodeMatch – A connection between a CodingRequest and a Coder

- CodeMatch site – A marketplace to connect CodingRequests with Coders
and Coding projects, creating better relationships between Coders
(open source or proprietary) with standards

 - Mentor or Code Guru (was Shepherd, and I prefer Mentor :) ) -
Responsible for managing a CodeMatch, ensuring questions are addressed
in a timely manner, acting as a mentor when needed for student Coders

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:02:05 -0500

> in a timely manner, acting as a mentor when needed for student Coders

If you were going to use the word "Guru", I'd have suggested "Protocol Guru",
not Code Guru.   The person is there to explain the protocol not the code, I
think.
But if you prefere Mentor, then I suggest "Protocol Mentor".

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: "Moriarty, Kathleen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 20:16:53 +0000

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 3:02 PM, "Michael Richardson" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 

Good suggestion!  What's your preference?

Thanks,
Kathleen
> _______________________________________________
> Codematch-develop mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codematch-develop