Subject: [Codematch-develop] CodeMatch update and review request

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 17:09:30 -0500

Hello,

A team has been working on CodeMatch ([email-masked]) to
demonstrate better connections between IETF/IRTF standards and coding
implementations (open source and proprietary).  We are currently
working on the data model to support the mockup pages for the initial
rollout of the site.  Once we get a little further, we may need some
additional assistance to help code the site, which will rely on the
datatracker for associations to drafts and to provide authentication.

I worked with ISOC at the Grace Hopper Celebration this year and
talked to many professors and students who were very interested in
this idea.  For any draft/RFC that is posted to CodeMatch requesting
code to be developed, the poster (shepherd) will need to estimate the
level of effort for the project so those interested in coding
understand if it is a one person option or something that requires a
larger team.  Professors wanted to have an electronic version of the
handout that we used for the conference with a very high-level
overview.  As such, added descriptions for some of the other parties
that might be interested in CodeMatch and the intent is to put this up
as a static text placeholder for the site soon.

If anyone is interested in reviewing this draft text before it becomes
a web page, it is attached and your feedback is appreciated.
Development of the site will take a bit longer, so this is just a
placeholder.

The team has done a lot of work on the site, so if you are interested
in background at a deeper level to assist in your review, you can find
that in this google doc draft. It is not intended to be published,
it's just an aide for our team.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12kbFDwzhecC1DLtVEo3ruLuFZMCtiSwd5US0I44v96Q/

The codematch-develop list is an open list.  Please join if you are
interested to help on this project.  Reviews of the draft text can go
to this list, codematch-develop, or to me.

Thank you!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen