Subject: [Codematch-develop] Static web page as place holder

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:55:26 -0500

Hi,

Could some of you review the proposed text for a static web site
placeholder for the eventual CodeMatch site?  I'd like to send this
out to the IETF list for review once this group has had a chance to
comment.  This will also serve as an update to the community as to our
progress and to let them know more about the CodeMatch effort
(purpose, some background, etc.).

I'll include a link to the background document in the email to the
IETF list.  If they read it, hopefully many of their questions will be
answered.  We won't want that much detail on the placeholder page
though.  The placeholder should be targeted toward those that may not
normally participate in the IETF - students, teachers, open source
communities, etc.

Background document on google drive:
http://doodle.com/qw6h2v8gg34apf2r

The attached is a modified version of the pamphlet we used at Grace
Hopper to include benefits to Open Source communities and consumers of
code.  Please let me know if you have any recommended updates before
we send it to the IETF list.  I'm sure we will get plenty there, but
I'd like to see if we can catch the major ones first.

Thank you!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 21:29:58 -0500

The link included in my first message was incorrect, sorry about that.
Here is a link to the background information on CodeMatch:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-dir4eV4Ih1V2tQSDdNRndrdGc&usp=sharing

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Alejandro Acosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 00:20:14 -0430

Hi Kathleen,
  Thanks for sharing this, I know I have participated very little but
I've been following the mailing list.
  I have not much to say, I'm very the happy codematch web site will
come up soon and I'm excited about seem this project live.

  Just one comment regarding the pamphlet, even when it's mentioned
explicitly "why to participate", I suggest adding some phrase before
those "why" indicating "who can participate", also at the end add one
last sentence with something like: "Intested?, contact us at and/or
visit our website: ____"

Best regards,

Alejandro,

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 08:17:15 -0500

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for reviewing the content, I'll add text in to address your
suggestion.

Best regards,
Kathleen

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Alejandro Acosta <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Codematch-develop mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codematch-develop

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen