Subject: [Codematch-develop] Introduction page - placeholder for site

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 12:39:47 -0500

Hello,

I'd like to see if we could get a placeholder page up as we work
towards developing the CodMatch site.  I think the pamphlet we used at
GHC would make a great starting point and we would just need to add
text for the other groups we plan to bring together on this site.

>From our materials, that leaves the following:

Open Source Developers/Communities
 - Marketing for implementation work
 - Notifications on updates to drafts, errata report notifications,
interoperability testing
Industry
 - opportunity to link open source or proprietary implementations as marketing
 - Notifications on updates to drafts, errata report notifications,
interoperability testing
Consumers of Code
 - Easy way to find implementations that may have a statement from
interoperability testing.

It would also be good to have something like the following either on
this initial version of the page or a future version:

Listed code contributions may include a mix of open source and
proprietary implementations.  The license terms are provided by the
developer or development organization and are not an IETF provided
resource. <*probably need some legal language here*>

The use of an MIT or BSD license is recommended when the intent is to
provide open source code.  (Note: MIT is straightforward whereas BSD
has multiple license options and you have to read the nuances of each
to know what you are getting into)

Opportunities may exist to fork instances of open source code linked
to a particular draft or standard.  This might be used to update
support for new versions, add support for extensions, or test options
for future standardization.

Let me know if you have suggestions on the text and we'll chat in a few minutes.

Thank you!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 13:56:36 -0500

Helo,

I've included the proposed text above for the intro web page in a
version of the pamphlet we used at GHC and has been uploaded to the
Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&authuser=0#folders/0B-dir4eV4Ih1V2tQSDdNRndrdGc

Please either edit the draft or send suggestions to this list if you
have suggested changes.

Thanks!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen