Subject: [Codematch-develop] Definition updates & today's call

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 09:20:37 -0500

Hello,

We will plan to have today's call and hope to review Lisandro's work
on the data model and next steps prior to meeting next week in Hawaii.

I just went through the definitions and have some suggested changes
and additions.  I think it will be important to publish the
definitions since we are coining some new terms.

Here are the proposed updates for review:

Coder - A single developer or team of developers that (intend to) code
a standard or draft offered through CodeMatch.

CodingOffer - An advertised opportunity to implement code.  The code
offer may be from a working group or individual and will have a
responsible shepherd or mentor.

CodeMatch site - A market place to connect code offers with coders,
creating better relationships between developers or coders (open
source or proprietary) with standards.

Shepherd - responsible for managing a Code Offer, ensuring questions
are addressed in a timely manner, acting as a mentor when needed for
student Coders.

Capstone Project - Coding or software engineering project that is
substantial enough to meet senior-level project requirements.  A
Capstone project may be scoped for an individual or could be a quarter
or year long class project run by a funded professor with industry
sponsorship using industry coding practices.

Industry Sponsor - Industry organization interested in sponsoring a
Capstone project.  The Industry sponsor sets the terms and may select
the standards (CodeMatch) in which they would like implemented.
Funding of a professor, engagement of an industry specialist, terms
and conditions on resulting code are all decisions of a sponsor.  It
is encouraged to select agreeable open source licensing on resulting
code to further the relationships between standards and open source
and promote the use of industry standards where appropriate.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen