Subject: [Codematch-develop] Today's call cancelled

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:59:34 -0400

Hi,

Today's call has been cancelled.  Please take the time to watch last week's
call as Henrik and Robert gave us lots of pointers on next steps.

We need to work a bit more on requirements and the data model.

If you are looking to help with development, you may want to take a look at
Henrik's message that I forwarded int he archive to learn a bit more on the
datatracker before we get to that stage.

I will plan to go through the proposed text for the site soon and we can
work on that as a team as well to have it ready for the developers.

The Grace Hopper Celebration was a success in terms of CodeMatch.  Many
professors were excited about our plans.  One bit of feedback was to have
the site help with coordinating Capstone opportunities with Industry
partners for Universities.  This may help with setting a tone for open
source if we can get a few Industry partners to lead the way with their
terms and conditions for the engagement.  It will be up to them to work out
their details, but if we could get some interested in MIT or BSD license
terms for open source developed for specific drafts for a match to a
Capstone project, that may help.  I have some ideas here and may be able to
help get this started with a few specific IETF friendly companies in mind.
Often, when industry funds a project, they put terms on the IP that results
from the project and this is fine, we can have this work in any way it
develops via CodeMatch as that will be out of our scope...  However, I will
will work with a few companies that may be more open to creating better
relationships between open source and standards to set an example.  Then
having pages to help with this type of match would be very good.   We can
work on that later, but wanted to mention it to the team for larger
development efforts.

The professors and students were all interested to see a level of effort
tied to each project proposed, which makes sense and was in our plan.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:05:46 -0400

Hello,

I'm going to cancel today's call as Lisandro is on the road.

I will plan to go through the hand out we used for the GHC and see if we
can have that added as text on the landing page for CodeMatch with a coming
soon statement as the link was included on the hand outs.  I did meet a UI
designer that would like to help on a volunteer basis and may have her
review it for us first and then figure out who to work with to get
something posted.

Additionally, I plan to go through the mock ups for language and
descriptions to see if we can get a little further on that and also think
more on the request to match industry with capstone projects at
universities.  I may be able to get EMC to start one as it would be good if
we can get a precedence set of having an MIT or BSD license applied to
project code associated with these capstone projects.  Once I go through
the Mockup, I may ask if the UI designer can help out as well with a review
and possible suggestions before we start coding and while the team is
working on the requirements and data model.

I think that's it for now, so please let me know if I am missing something.

Let's plan to meet next week and also to schedule time in Hawaii.

Thanks!

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Kathleen Moriarty <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today's call has been cancelled.  Please take the time to watch last
> week's call as Henrik and Robert gave us lots of pointers on next steps.
>
> If you are looking to help with development, you may want to take a look
> at Henrik's message that I forwarded int he archive to learn a bit more on
> the datatracker before we get to that stage.
>

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen