Subject: [Codematch-develop] Summary and next steps from initial CodeMatch organization meeting

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:16:09 -0400

Hello,

Thank you to each of you who attended yesterday or today's CodeMatch
organization meeting!  Here is a summary that is focused on next step items.

About 10 people attended the CodeMatch meeting to discuss the planning and
development of the CodeMatch site.  The outcomes of the meeting were as
follows:

   - Additional feedback on the draft overviewing the ideas was received
   and Kathleen will continue update the draft based on feedback.
   - A mock-up functional spec will be started by Lisandro and shared to
   the developers mailing list ([email-masked])
   - A separate effort will be run to develop a design spec, including
   proposed text for the site.  Kathleen will set up the doodle poll on times.
    Initial participant volunteers include Kathleen, Toral, and Lisandro.
   - Leaflets will be created to assist with advertising, with separate
   leaflets for specific target audiences (students, university professors).
    This should be one of the deliverables from the design team.  ISOC will
   assist with the the leaflets.
   - Links were sent out to the mailing list to the wiki for the code
   sprint and development using the datatracker (Brian Trammell is assisting
   with some initial info, but has limited time available to coach in
   development efforts)
   - Several volunteers are investigating the ability to contribute
   development resources for the site. (Thomas, Mattias, Nalini, Lisandro)
   - Candidate working groups have been proposed for a trial when we are
   ready for that phase. (Matthias suggested a routing and security WG)
   - CodeMatch is targeted for use to generate interest in the IETF in
   advance of the IETF meeting in Argentina, the LACNIC community will be
   assisting as well as ISOC.

Let me know if you have any questions about this effort or if you'd like to
volunteer on any of the items listed (or others that we missed).  I'm
excited to see the support for this idea, thank you!!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen