Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 11:43:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec of the IETF.

        Title           : Updates to the Opus Audio Codec
        Authors         : Jean-Marc Valin
                          Koen Vos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-09-01

Abstract:
   This document addresses minor issues that were found in the
   specification of the Opus audio codec in RFC 6716 [RFC6716].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-opus-update/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:13:40 -0400

Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of the Opus draft. It adds fixes for two
decoder integer wrap-around issues discovered through fuzzing. None of
them is particularly frightening, but they still needed to be fixed. At
this point, I do not expect more fixes to this document -- please let me
know if you think I missed something.

I'm also realizing just how much the "current" codebase on
opus-codec.org has come to differ from the code in RFC6716. This
includes many many fixes and improvements to the encoder and fixed-point
decoder. Since they are not normative bitstream changes, they are not
included in this update draft. I think it would be nice to update the
IETF "reference implementation" of Opus to reflect the improvements.
That being said, I'm not sure what's the best way to do that. I can
think of several options:

1) An (informational?) RFC with updated based64 tarball containing the
newest version
2) A tarball of the new version uploaded as meeting material like the
original testvectors (where would we link to it?)
3) Somehow mirroring the opus-coder.org downloads on the IETF website

There's probably other options too. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-03.txt
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 11:43:24 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
codec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec