Subject: [codec] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 17:42:16 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been considerable  last call discussion about the inclusion of
additional copyright licensing language by the authors. The authors have
agreed to progress the draft without such language, as reflected in
revision 12. If the authors choose to grant additional rights, they may
do so independently. Please note, however, that the xml2rfc source in the
data tracker contains additional copyright text in comments. It is my
understanding that this text will be removed prior to approval for
publication.

There has also been last call discussion about the fact that this draft
is intended to be a proposed standard, but it normatively depends on RFC
3533 (the Ogg container format) , which is informational. In my opinion,
this is appropriate because the draft specifies the  encapsulation of
Opus, which is a proposed standard. (RFC 6716).