Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:57:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec of the IETF.

        Title           : Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec
        Authors         : Timothy B. Terriberry
                          Ron Lee
                          Ralph Giles
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-14.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2016-02-22

Abstract:
   This document defines the Ogg encapsulation for the Opus interactive
   speech and audio codec.  This allows data encoded in the Opus format
   to be stored in an Ogg logical bitstream.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:27:57 -0800

> This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec of the IETF.

This version addresses all of the comments from IESG review. This 
includes a new example diagram and some new advice to implementors in 
the Security Considerations section, as well as some re-wording of a few 
points for clarity, and a few fixes to the informational references.

Also, the requirements that a demuxer not attempt to decode partial 
packets unless it has some special knowledge that would allow it to 
interpret this data despite the missing pieces has been upgraded from a 
SHOULD to a MUST.

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 20:04:08 -0600

Hi Everyone,

Please note that this version has an IPR disclosure[1] from the authors. 
In my strictly _individual_ opinion, this does not create a problem. My 
(again, _individual_) reading is that the disclosure has the same intent 
as copyright license language that was in the version of the draft that 
the working group approved, but was later removed due to IETF last call 
and IESG discussion.

If anyone in the working group objects to publication with the 
disclosure, please say so as soon as possible. Otherwise, the draft is 
likely to be approved in the next few days.

Thanks!

Ben.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2762/

On 22 Feb 2016, at 20:27, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

> the Security Considerations section, as well as some re-wording of a 
> few points for clarity, and a few fixes to the informational 
> references.
>
> interpret this data despite the missing pieces has been upgraded from 
> a SHOULD to a MUST.
>
> _______________________________________________
> codec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec