Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:03:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec
        Authors         : Timothy B. Terriberry
                          Ron Lee
                          Ralph Giles
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-05.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-10-14

Abstract:
   This document defines the Ogg encapsulation for the Opus interactive
   speech and audio codec.  This allows data encoded in the Opus format
   to be stored in an Ogg logical bitstream.  Ogg encapsulation provides
   Opus with a long-term storage format supporting all of the essential
   features, including metadata, fast and accurate seeking, corruption
   detection, recapture after errors, low overhead, and the ability to
   multiplex Opus with other codecs (including video) with minimal
   buffering.  It also provides a live streamable format, capable of
   delivery over a reliable stream-oriented transport, without requiring
   all the data, or even the total length of the data, up-front, in a
   form that is identical to the on-disk storage format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ralph Giles <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:13:22 -0700

Discussion has trailed off, so we've posted an updated encapsulation
draft. :)

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-05

Changes since the oggopus-04 draft:

* RFC 2119 cleanup: key words are either normalized to all caps
  or reworded to avoid ambiguity when no normative statement was
  intended.

* R128 gain header text updated based on discussion, including
  clarification of allowed value formatting.

* Guideline text for skipping/preserving additional data at the end
  of the metadata header to allow for future extensibility. e.g.
  binary album art.

We believe this new draft addresses all the comments to date. Please
follow up with any remaining issues you notice.

 -r