Subject: [codec] R128 tags, per-file or per-stream?

From: Ron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 01:51:55 +0930

In Section 5.2.1 we currently say:

 "An Ogg Opus file MUST NOT have more than one of each tag"

I think that should instead say:

 "An Ogg Opus stream MUST NOT have more than one of each tag"

Since in Section 10 we say:

 "An "Ogg Opus file" consists of one or more sequentially
  multiplexed segments, each containing exactly one Ogg
  Opus stream."

And it doesn't make any sense to me that a file containing multiple
streams should not have these tags apply individually to each stream
(should they have them).

The above change would be consistent with our use of "Ogg Opus stream"
almost everywhere that talks about the mapping, and with "Ogg Opus file"
only where we talk about (possibly) combining streams, mime-types and
filename extensions.

Does anyone have any reason to think we need to say something different
to that here?  I'm assuming the current text was a 'typo', but I don't
know offhand if someone actually intended it to mean something other
than that.

  Ron

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:20:52 -0700

> know offhand if someone actually intended it to mean something other

No, I think you're right. Just fix it.