Subject: [codec] draft-valin-codec-opus-update-00 minor nits

From: Mark Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:21:44 -0700

Some minor formatting/grammar nits in draft-valin-codec-opus-update-00:

   This document address minor issues that were discovered in the

s/address/addresses/

   impulse (i.e.  single sample) in the decoded audio.  This can be

s/i.e.  /i.e. /

   This packet parsing issue is limited to reading memory up to about 60
   kB beyond the compressed buffer.  This can only be triggered by a

incorrect line break between quantity and its unit

   for RTP.  In theory, it _could_ crash a file decoder (e.g.  Opus in

s/e.g.  /e.g. /

   2.  Because the size was wrong, this potentially allowed the source
       and destination regions of the memcpy overlap.  We _believe_ that
       nSamplesIn is at least fs_in_khZ, which is at least 8.  Since
       RESAMPLER_ORDER_FIR_12 is only 8,that should not be a problem
       once the type size is fixed.

s/memcpy overlap/memcpy() to overlap/
s/8,that/8, that/

   The fact that the code never produced any error in testing (including
   when run under the Valgrind memory debugger), suggests that in
   practice the batch sizes are reasonable enough that none of the
   issues above was ever a problem.  However, proving that is non-
   obvious.

s/was/were/

   The code can be fixed by applying the following changes to like 70 of
   silk/resampler_private_IIR_FIR.c:

s/like/line/

   The last issue is not strictly a bug, but it is an issue that has
   been reported when downmixing Opus decoded stream to mono, whether
   this is done inside the decoder or as a post-processing on the stereo
   decoder output.  Opus intensity stereo allows optionally coding the

s/downmixing/downmixing an/
s/post-processing/post-processing step/

some source lines exceed 72 columns (rfc max)