Subject: [codec] WG: [87all] IETF 87 Technical Plenary Experiment

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:35:22 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht -------- 

Betreff: 

[87all] IETF 87 Technical Plenary Experiment

Datum: 

Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:15:23 -0700

Von: 

IAB Chair  <mailto:[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>

Antwort an: 

[email-masked]

An: 

[email-masked]

The OPUS codec, defined in RFC 6716, can scale from low bit-rate 
narrowband speech to very high quality stereo music, making it suitable 
for a wide range of audio applications. The IETF 87 Technical Plenary 
session will cover the past and future of Opus as well as the lessons 
learned from the standardization process that could apply to future IETF 
work.
 
To provide additional materials relating to the plenary topic, the IAB 
has created a wiki. If you have material relevant to the plenary topic 
(such as papers or test data relating to OPUS), please contribute it to 
the wiki, either by editing it yourself, or sending it to the IAB 
<iab at iab.org>.
 
Also, during the IETF 87 Technical Plenary, the MeetEcho team will be 
running an experiment to enable remote participation in the Technical 
Plenary using the OPUS codec.  Information on how to access on the 
Remote Participation experiment is also available on the IAB wiki page: 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iab/trac/wiki/IETF-87#IETF87TechnicalPlenar
y:OPUSCodec
 
On behalf of the IAB,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair
_______________________________________________
87all mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87all

---

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:10:25 +0200

Hi Guys,

for the technical plenary, it would be useful to present at least some of
the test results made my third parties, such as Google.

For course, we have also some thousands of mushra results in an excel  that
just wait to be added to the opus-quality-draft. We will send them to the
mailing list as an input.

With best regards,

Christian Hoene

 

Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von
Christian Hoene
Gesendet: Montag, 22. Juli 2013 22:35
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [codec] WG: [87all] IETF 87 Technical Plenary Experiment

-------- Original-Nachricht -------- 

Betreff: 

Datum: 

Von: 

Antwort an: 

[email-masked]

An: 

[email-masked]

 
 
On behalf of the IAB,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair