Subject: [codec] draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-01

From: Ralph Giles <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 23:45:28 +0800

I've updated the Ogg Opus encapsulation draft.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-01

Changes since the -00 version:

- Surround speaker labels for channel mapping family 1 are described
  directly in the draft. They still match those used by the Vorbis
  codec, but it's better to have them explicit.

- The surround section now documents the stereo downmix matrices we're
  using in opus-tools and Firefox, as an aid to consistent
  implementation.

- An Implementation Status section has been added, with a link to
  https://wiki.xiph.org/OggOpusImplementation. Assistance updating
  and expanding this wiki page is welcome.

- The Content Type section now makes clear that the '.opus' filename
  extention maps to 'audio/ogg', and that any use of this spec
  for video or other file types using Ogg encapsulation is separate
  from that.

- Several small formatting changes and wording improvements.

This version does not include Jean-Marc's suggested encoder guidelines
for stream splicing, but we expect to incorporate them after further
discussion.

 -r

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 10:04:52 -0700

> for stream splicing, but we expect to incorporate them after further

Yes, apologies for taking so long to get to reviewing them. I'll reply 
to the other thread.