Subject: Re: [codec] IPR Disclosure: France Telecom's Statement about IPR related to RFC 6716

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:06:27 -0500

For those who are interested in more details on this IPR statement,
see this article we just published:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/02/defending-opus/

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

On 01/18/2013 01:04 PM, IETF Secretariat wrote:
> 
> Dear Jean-Marc Valin, Koen Vos, Tim Terriberry:
> 
> An IPR disclosure that pertains to your RFC entitled "Definition of
> the Opus Audio Codec" (RFC6716) was submitted to the IETF
> Secretariat on 2013-01-18 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of
> Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures" 
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1949/). The title of the IPR
> disclosure is "France Telecom's Statement about IPR related to RFC
> 6716."");
> 
> The IETF Secretariat
> 
> _______________________________________________ codec mailing list 
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec
>

---

From: "Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:42:07 +0100

Jean-Marc,

good work! Thanks. 

I would be happy to see some similar statement for the IPR statement 1520 -
just to be on the sure side as the company did not yet revoked the
statement.

With best regards,

 Christian Hoene

--
Universität Tübingen, Sand 13, 72076 Tübingen, Germany
Tel +49 7071 2970532, Fax +49 7071 5220
http://kn.inf.uni-tuebingen.de/staff/hoene.html

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von
Jean-Marc Valin
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2013 15:06
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [codec] IPR Disclosure: France Telecom's Statement about IPR
related to RFC 6716

For those who are interested in more details on this IPR statement, see this
article we just published:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/02/defending-opus/

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

On 01/18/2013 01:04 PM, IETF Secretariat wrote:
> the Opus Audio Codec" (RFC6716) was submitted to the IETF Secretariat 
> on 2013-01-18 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual 
> Property Rights Disclosures"

_______________________________________________
codec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec

---

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:28:08 -0500

> just to be on the sure side as the company did not yet revoked the

For the other IPR statements, I refer you to the statement we make in
the "other disclosures" section of the licensing page:
http://www.opus-codec.org/license/#other

	Jean-Marc