Subject: [codec] Opus 1.0.2 is out

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 16:43:43 -0500

Opus 1.0.2 fixes an out-of-bounds read that could be triggered by a
malicious Opus packet by causing an integer wrap-around in the padding
code. Considering that the packet would have to be at least 16 MB in
size and that no out-of-bounds write is possible, the severity is very
low. This new release also has the following changes:

Quality-impacting

- Changed the behaviour of the PLC to always fill the caller's buffer
- Properly decode in-band FEC for packets with multiple Opus frames
- Hybrid mode quality improvements and fixes
- Fixed bugs in the CELT mode PLC
- Redundant mode transition fixes

Other changes

- Stack reduction
- Doc fixes (many)
- 16-bit fixes
- Misc build fixes
- New API calls: OPUS_GET_LAST_PACKET_DURATION ctl() and
  opus_packet_get_nb_samples()
- Minor code cleanup

As usual, this release is fully compliant with the Opus specification.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc