Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:52:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : Timothy B. Terriberry
                          Ron Lee
                          Ralph Giles
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2012-11-19

Abstract:
   This document defines the Ogg encapsulation for the Opus interactive
   speech and audio codec.  This allows data encoded in the Opus format
   to be stored in an Ogg logical bitstream.  Ogg encapsulation provides
   Opus with a long-term storage format supporting all of the essential
   features, including metadata, fast and accurate seeking, corruption
   detection, recapture after errors, low overhead, and the ability to
   multiplex Opus with other codecs (including video) with minimal
   buffering.  It also provides a live streamable format, capable of
   delivery over a reliable stream-oriented transport, without requiring
   all the data, or even the total length of the data, up-front, in a
   form that is identical to the on-disk storage format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:00:16 -0800

>   This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

The (other) chairs declared there was consensus to adopt this draft as a 
WG item and asked me to upload a new version of it.

I have made a few minor edits from draft-terriberry-oggopus-01:
1) Fixed up the references.
2) Fixed a couple of typos.
3) Replaced a "should" with a "SHOULD" in Section 4.1.
4) Clarified the language around the starting granule position in the 
case that a) there is more audio in packets that complete on the first 
audio data page with a completed packet than the granule position 
indicates and b) the EOS flag is set on the same page (in this case you 
should not count forwards from 0, but should work backwards to figure 
out the real starting granule position).
5) Updated the acknowledgments.

I have not incorporated any of the proposals that have been made to the 
list since the initial draft was posted (e.g., seamless chaining, 
replaygain tags, etc.).