Subject: [codec] Opus characterisation tests.

From: "Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:53:13 +0200

Welcome Tim!

The next steps in this WG are on making neutral characterisation tests of
the final Opus.

We (Universität Tübingen) plan to conduct MUSHRA tests in October. Please
send me your wishes on what aspect you would like to see tested, e.g. packet
losses?

Also, the question of complexity has not been studied well. I would like to
make some relative complexity comparison, e.g. Opus vs. AMR-WB on a i386
system using some profiling tools. 

I would be also happy to see a contest between the new upcoming 3G codec
EVC(?) and Opus but the 3G codec is not yet finished, isn't it?

The next meeting of ITU-T study group 16 is going to be in January 2013.
Till then, the draft on the quality of Opus shall be finished in order to be
able to write a letter to them.

Any other thoughts and wishes? Comments are especially appreciated from all
the expert who are skeptical about Opus.

Thanks

Christian

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von
Robert Sparks
Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2012 16:33
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [codec] Adding Tim Terriberry as a CODEC cochair

All -

We've asked Tim to take on the co-chair role for CODEC to help lead the
group through completing its charter.
Please join me in thanking him for agreeing to serve.

Jonathan and Cullen are both continuing as co-chairs.

RjS
_______________________________________________
codec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec