Subject: [codec] RFC 6716 on Definition of the Opus Audio Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6716

        Title:      Definition of the Opus Audio Codec 
        Author:     JM. Valin, K. Vos,
                    T. Terriberry
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      326
        Characters: 977743
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-codec-opus-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6716.txt

This document defines the Opus interactive speech and audio codec.
Opus is designed to handle a wide range of interactive audio
applications, including Voice over IP, videoconferencing, in-game
chat, and even live, distributed music performances.  It scales from
low bitrate narrowband speech at 6 kbit/s to very high quality stereo
music at 510 kbit/s.  Opus uses both Linear Prediction (LP) and the
Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (MDCT) to achieve good compression
of both speech and music.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:31:30 +0200

Congratulations!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von
[email-masked]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. September 2012 02:15
An: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Betreff: [codec] RFC 6716 on Definition of the Opus Audio Codec

        RFC 6716

This document is a product of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working
Group of the IETF.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
codec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec