Subject: [codec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-terriberry-oggopus-01.txt

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:56:16 -0700

We consolidated the suggestions on the list that appeared to have some 
amount of consensus (and made some additional minor changes), and put 
together a new version of the draft. Brief changelog:

- Mandate that the ID header must complete on the first page (to 
remove any ambiguities about this requirement in RFC 3533).
- Split the "Granule Position" section into subsections.
- Move the first paragraph of the "Other Implementation Notes" 
section into the "Granule Position" section, add general seeking 
implementation guidance, and be specific about the interaction 
between pre-roll and pre-skip.
- Retitle the remaining contents of the "Other Implementation Notes" 
section to "Packet Size Limits"
- Specify that all the header fields are REQUIRED and that 
implementations SHOULD reject headers that don't have enough data.
- Specify that implementations MUST NOT reject headers with extra 
data if they have an unknown minor version number.
- Add a reference to RFC 3629 (UTF-8).
- Clarify what "skipped" means with pre-skip.
- Add an informative reference to Vorbis end-trimming.
- Clarify contents of the vendor string.
- Clarify how Opus packets are packed into multistream Ogg packets.
- Other minor grammatical and wording improvements.
- Add Ralph Giles as an author.

I specifically did not swap the order of Sections 3 and 4, and I did not 
move the definitions of the channel mapping families before the 
definition of the channel mapping table fields (because in addition to 
the definition of "output channels", it requires the concept of "stream 
index", which requires the definition of "coupled streams"). Right now 
two out of three authors are arguing against those two changes, but if 
more people have opinions, or if there's anything else I forgot, feel 
free to speak up.

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-terriberry-oggopus-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:40:54 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-terriberry-oggopus-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Timothy B. Terriberry and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-terriberry-oggopus
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec
Creation date:	 2012-07-16
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 30
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-terriberry-oggopus-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-terriberry-oggopus
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-terriberry-oggopus-01
Diff:            http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-terriberry-oggopus-01

Abstract:
   This document defines the Ogg encapsulation for the Opus interactive
   speech and audio codec.  This allows data encoded in the Opus format
   to be stored in an Ogg logical bitstream.  Ogg encapsulation provides
   Opus with a long-term storage format supporting all of the essential
   features, including metadata, fast and accurate seeking, corruption
   detection, recapture after errors, low overhead, and the ability to
   multiplex Opus with other codecs (including video) with minimal
   buffering.  It also provides a live streamable format, capable of
   delivery over a reliable stream-oriented transport, without requiring
   all the data, or even the total length of the data, up-front, in a
   form that is identical to the on-disk storage format.

The IETF Secretariat