Subject: [codec] RFC 6569 on Guidelines for Development of an Audio Codec within the IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 04:05:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6569

        Title:      Guidelines for Development of an 
                    Audio Codec within the IETF 
        Author:     JM. Valin, S. Borilin,
                    K. Vos, C. Montgomery,
                    R. Chen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33718
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6569.txt

This document provides general guidelines for work on developing and
specifying an interactive audio codec within the IETF.  These
guidelines cover the development process, evaluation, requirements
conformance, and intellectual property issues.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC