Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-opus-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:25:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of the Opus Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : Jean-Marc Valin
                          Koen Vos
                          Timothy B. Terriberry
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-opus-11.txt
	Pages           : 324
	Date            : 2012-02-17

   This document defines the Opus interactive speech and audio codec.
   Opus is designed to handle a wide range of interactive audio
   applications, including Voice over IP, videoconferencing, in-game
   chat, and even live, distributed music performances.  It scales from
   low bitrate narrowband speech at 6 kb/s to very high quality stereo
   music at 510 kb/s.  Opus uses both linear prediction (LP) and the
   Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (MDCT) to achieve good compression
   of both speech and music.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-opus-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-opus-11.txt

---

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:35:36 -0500

Hi,

We just uploaded version -11 of the draft to address the comments made
during the second WGLC and during the Taipei meeting. The list of
changes is below:

- Fix for noise floor tracking as discussed in last meeting (see
  issue #1)
- Limit LPC prediction gain as discussed in last meeting (see
  issue #2)
- Fix LPC/LTP state rescaling as discussed in last meeting (see
  issue #3)
- Resampler simplification as discussed in last meeting (see
  issue #4)
- Making it easier for an alternate implementation to pass the
  conformance test as discussed in last meeting
- Editorial/spelling fixes received
- Minor code improvements to facilitate further testing and
  creation of better test vectors
- Addressed some comments about variables using names reserved by
  POSIX (_ prefix) or some ADI compilers (bank)
- Fixes for optional "self-delimited packing"

On 17/02/12 04:25 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> codec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec