Subject: [codec] Incoming liaison statement from MPEG

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 07:50:19 -0800

Hi,
We have received a liaison statement from MPEG.  The cover page is quite
short and copy-pasted below.  In the statement there is also a test report.
The full statement will be available shortly in the IETF liaison statement
database; if you want a copy before, please email me.
Stephan

  Source   Convenor
  Title   Response to IETF CODEC Working Group, Real-Time Applications and
Infrastructure Area (RAI)
 
WG 11 thanks the IETF CODEC Working Group, RAI, for informing us of IETF¹s
progress in their speech and audio codec standardization activity. This is
an area where WG11 has been quite active and expects its newest audio
standard, ISO/IEC 23003-3, Unified Speech and Audio Coding (USAC), to be
published in the next few months. Recently WG 11 completed a verification
test of USAC, N12232 ³Unified Speech and Audio Coding Verification Test
Report,² which is attached.
 
Due to the timing of IETF and WG 11 meetings, it appears that the period for
comment on the IETF documents has passed, but WG 11 will study the IETF
documents and provide any comments in a future liaison.
 
Attachment:
WG 11 N 12232: Unified Speech and Audio Coding Verification Test Report