Subject: [codec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:10:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for the Codec Development Within the IETF
	Author(s)       : Jean-Marc Valin
                          Slava Borilin
                          Koen Vos
                          Christopher Montgomery
                          Raymond (Juin-Hwey) Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-10-02

   This document provides general guidelines for work on developing and
   specifying a codec within the IETF.  These guidelines cover the
   development process, evaluation, requirements conformance, and
   intellectual property issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-guidelines-05.txt

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:04:30 -0500

Thanks for this revision - watch for the announcement of IETF Last Call soon.

There is one point from the AD review that this revision doesn't sufficiently address - please address
it with any other IETF Last Call comments:

* Section 4 Item 1 should be scoped to codecs produced by this working group - the sentence
right now appears to try to place a requirement on any future work done on codecs in the IETF.

I suggest s/the IETF/the CODEC working group/

RjS

On Oct 3, 2011, at 12:10 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt