Subject: [codec] RFC 6366 on Requirements for an Internet Audio Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:13:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6366

        Title:      Requirements for an Internet Audio 
                    Codec 
        Author:     J. Valin, K. Vos
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39355
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-codec-requirements-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6366.txt

This document provides specific requirements for an Internet audio
codec.  These requirements address quality, sampling rate, bit-rate,
and packet-loss robustness, as well as other desirable properties.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC