Subject: [codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-requirements-04.txt> (Codec Requirements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:24:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Wideband Audio Codec WG
(codec) to consider the following document:
- 'Codec Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-codec-requirements-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides specific requirements for an Internet audio
   codec.  These requirements address quality, sampling rate, bit-rate,
   and packet loss robustness, as well as other desirable properties.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-requirements/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.