Subject: [codec] Next steps on draft-ietf-codec-guidelines

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:39:46 -0400

We feel the draft-ietf-codec-guidelines is getting close to ready for 
working group last call but needs some revisions before it is ready. 
Previously, the main point of contention was around what the document 
should say about testing. We are now having a good discussion on the 
list around detailed test plans, and the chairs feel that this document 
is not the best place for the test plan to be. Rather, the document 
should merely give high level guidelines on how the working group will 
go about developing a codec standard, including testing.

As such, we would like the editors to do a revision of the document 
along the lines of this scope, and hopefully then it will be ready for WGLC.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   SkypeID: jdrosen
Skype Chief Technology Strategist
[email-masked]                              http://www.skype.com
[email-masked]                            http://www.jdrosen.net