Subject: [codec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-codec-opus-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of the Opus Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : J. Valin, K. Vos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-opus-04.txt
	Pages           : 193
	Date            : 2011-03-10

This document describes the Opus codec, designed for interactive
speech and audio transmission over the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-opus-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:16:05 -0500

Hi,

These are the main changes in the latest version:

- Implementing glitchless switching between voice and audio mode
- Encoder can now automatically select the optimal mode and audio bandwidth 
depending on the bit-rate. This is the default, but the user can explicitly 
override that choice.
- Some build fixes, including the ability to build for fixed-point (see 
Makefile)
- Making both the library and test_opus tool more robust and less prone to 
crashing on invalid input

For those who prefer tarballs, I uploaded one at 
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/opus/opus-0.9.2.tar.gz

I also put up a quick demo of Opus scaling its bit-rate up linearly from 6 
kb/s to 61 kb/s (60 kb/s increase per frame) and going through all modes 
and all bandwidths: http://jmvalin.ca/misc_stuff/opus_sweep.wav

Please report any problems you may find so we can fix it before the Monday 
deadline.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

On 11-03-10 10:30 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> codec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec