Subject: Re: [codec] requirements #32 (new): Playout/Dejittering Buffer

From: "codec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:50:39 -0000

#32: Playout/Dejittering Buffer

Comment(by gmaxwell@…):

 I believe the complete system requirements and detailed testing
 methodology is out of scope for the CODEC requirements document.

 I believe the requirements stipulation on real world testing is satisfied
 by whatever basically reasonable methodology is applied so long as it is
 applied uniformly and does not offend the consensus of the working group.
 In other words, I see no reason for our permissive testing requirement to
 force us to import detailed systems requirements into the codec
 requirement document, no more than does the mention of "quality" in the
 document demand that we specific a particular headphone manufacturer for
 listening tests in this document.

 Am I missing any reason why this ticket can't be closed?

-- 
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hoene@…                 |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  requirements            |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/32#comment:2>
codec <http://tools.ietf.org/codec/>