Subject: Re: [codec] requirements #34 (new): Speech Quality Aspects in emergency calls

From: "codec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:06:18 -0000

#34: Speech Quality Aspects in emergency calls

Comment(by gmaxwell@…):

 It isn't clear to me that this subject area has any particular interaction
 with the codec bitstream. I don't doubt that its an important areas, but I
 believe that its primarily a product of the implementation and the system
 and not the codec bitstream.

 Certainly no codec specification is going to require the codec to fail to
 generate packets while the system is requiring it to generate packets.

 As we lack any proposed requirements language is there any opposition to
 closing this ticket?

-- 
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hoene@…                 |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:     
Component:  requirements            |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                       |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/34#comment:1>
codec <http://tools.ietf.org/codec/>