Subject: Re: [codec] requirements #9 (closed): Joint stereo/channel coding?

From: "codec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:12:50 -0000

#9: Joint stereo/channel coding?

Changes (by gmaxwell@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => worksforme

Comment:

 The requirements document addresses this. Efficient stereo encoding is
 desirable but not required.

 http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-codec-requirements-02.txt

 5.5.  Stereo support

    It is highly desirable for the codec to have stereo support.  At a
    minimum, the codec should be able to encode two channels
    independently without causing significant stereo image artefacts.  It
    is also desirable for the codec to take advantage of the inter-
    channel redundancy in stereo audio to reduce the bitrate (for an
    equivalent quality) of stereo audio compared to coding channels
    independently.

-- 
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hoene@…                 |        Owner:            
     Type:  enhancement             |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:            
Component:  requirements            |      Version:            
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |   Resolution:  worksforme
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/9#comment:1>
codec <http://tools.ietf.org/codec/>