Subject: [codec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-codec-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Codec Requirements
	Author(s)       : J. Valin, K. Vos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-requirements-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-10-12

This document provides specific requirements for an Internet audio
codec.  These requirements address quality, sampling rate, bit-rate,
and packet loss robustness, as well as other desirable properties.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-requirements-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:09:02 -0400

There's also an updated version of the guidelines draft.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

On 10-10-12 06:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> codec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec

---

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:21:28 +0200

Hi,

just a few comments from regarding the guidelines draft (see attachment). I made some minor improvements to increase the clarity.

I would suggest to split Section 4 into two. One section on how to describe the codec and its source code and a second on suggestion what to specify and what not to specify.

Also, I added a section on how to collaborate with other WGs and on what topics the collaboration shall take place. It might be useful to plan when go for a bar Bof with those guys...

With best regards,

 Christian 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Christian Hoene
Interactive Communication Systems (ICS), University of Tübingen 
Sand 13, 72076 Tübingen, Germany, Phone +49 7071 2970532 
http://www.net.uni-tuebingen.de/

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jean-Marc Valin
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [codec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-codec-requirements-02.txt

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

---

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:23:55 +0200

Hi,

With best regards,

 Christian 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jean-Marc Valin
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [codec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-codec-requirements-02.txt

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

---

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:22:11 -0400

Hi Christian,

Haven't had time to go through everything, but I was able to make some of 
the changes before the submission deadline (see draft -08). One issue I 
have found with your suggestion is the use of may vs should and MUST. Note 
that this is an informational draft and as far as I understand -- someone 
please correct me if I'm wrong -- the strict meaning of MAY/SHOULD/MUST as 
defined in RFC2119 does not apply. So in practice, it doesn't make much 
difference whether we use may or should, and we can't use the capitalized 
MUST at all.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

On 10-10-18 06:23 PM, Christian Hoene wrote:
> Interactive Communication Systems (ICS), University of TÃ¼bingen
> Sand 13, 72076 TÃ¼bingen, Germany, Phone +49 7071 2970532