Subject: [codec] Internet draft-vos-silk-01 questions

From: Alfons Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 14:17:22 +0200

Hi Koen and all,

during reading the Internet draft-vos-silk-01 some questions arose.

At point 2.1.2.4 Noise Shaping analysis : The formula of the  
computation of G out of the predGain isn’t  there, can you please send  
me that?

Page 15: Instead of writing Z^(-L) … z^(-k)  can we write … Z^(-L-k)?

Page 15: “original” instead of “origo”

Page 16: May be you can add a line break after “, and as”

2.1.2.5 Prefilter: Instead of “the noise shaping analysis filter” it  
might be better to say “a filter with the noice analysis coefficients”  
because the first term it not mentioned at other places.

2.1.2.6 Prediction Analysis: A picture might help to understand this  
part of the codec. Is there a picture of incoming and outgoing  
signals? If yes can you pls also send me that picture.

2.1.2.6.1 Voiced Speech: From which filter comes the pre-whitened  
input signal? Is it another output of the pitch analysis?

2.1.2.8 LTP Quantization: Is the LTP Quantization part of the  
prediction analysis? Or part of the LTP Scaling Control. If the  
Quantization is part of the prediction analysis, shouldn’t there be an  
input from the LTP Scaling Control to the prediction analysis?

Thanks for the effort.

Yours sincerely
Alfons Martin