Subject: [codec] Other issues regarding the codec requirement document.

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:54:28 +0200

Hello,

I have gone through the tickets and identified the following issues as not well discussed.

Packet loss concealment:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/29

Memory Usage...
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/22

Joint stereo coding
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/9

Multi-channel frame ordering?
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/10

bit-exact vs. bit-compatible?
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/ticket/12
However, I think that there will be consensus on bit-compatible...

Also, some other issues have been raised on the
a) the codec testing
b) the payload/transmission specification
c) the charter
We should add some more "components" to the ticket system to sort those issues according to their scope.

 Christian

---------------------------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Christian Hoene
Interactive Communication Systems (ICS), University of Tübingen 
Sand 13, 72076 Tübingen, Germany, Phone +49 7071 2970532 
http://www.net.uni-tuebingen.de/