Subject: [codec] CALL CANCELLED + Anaheim preparation

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:36:05 -0700

<hat type='chair'/>

Because of confusion about the meeting time, the chairs have consulted
with the ADs and have decided to cancel today's interim meeting.
Different people had booked different times in their calendars and we
simply could not guarantee that the right people would all be on the
call at the same time. However, the chairs will have the WebEx bridge
available from 17:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC and you can treat this as office
hours with the chairs.

This frees up an hour or two in your schedule. Please use it to prepare
for the Anaheim meeting in the following ways, which is what we were
going to discuss on today's call anyway (these items map to items of the
same number on the proposed agenda for Anaheim as already posted to this
email list).

1. Review http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-requirements-00
and provide technical feedback. This will help the group clarify various
topics and figure out which technical issues might need the most
discussion time in Anaheim. You can post your feedback to this list, or
use the issue tracker:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/report/1

You can create a tracker / wiki account here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

2. Think about the relevant technical dimensions along which we might
want to measure various codecs, for incorporation into a matrix of
codecs that have been or might be contributed to the WG. Please post to
the list about these technical dimensions or update the wiki page that
has been started about this topic:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/wiki/CodecMatrix

3. If you will be making a technical presentation about a contributed
codec, work on your slides and send them to the list for feedback and
review as soon as possible.

4. Review draft-valin-codec-guidelines-04 (new version posted yesterday)
and provide feedback on the list. This will help the authors improve the
proposal and help the group figure out which aspects of the proposal
might need the most discussion time in Anaheim, with the goal of
eventually figuring out whether this document might be accepted as a WG
item.

The chairs are sorry about the confusion regarding the meeting time, but
if you all use this time to work on the four items listed above then the
group will be able to make good progress in preparing for the meeting in
Anaheim.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/