Subject: [codec] codec matrix

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:40:14 -0700

At the BoF in Stockholm, Jean-Marc Valin presented a basic matrix of
information about a number of codecs that might be considered as input
to the WG's efforts. Now that the WG has been formed, it might be useful
to revisit that matrix. I propose that we create a wiki page about it here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/codec/trac/wiki/CodecMatrix

Any volunteers to help out with that? Jean-Marc, perhaps you could start
by providing the information from your original slides?

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:42:51 -0500

I would recommend to limit the information to technical terms and/or to
received IETF IPR statements.  Posting your interpretation of commercial
terms (including license terms) could open you up to liabilities you don't
want to have.
Stephan

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:44:10 -0700

> terms (including license terms) could open you up to liabilities you don't

Good point. I agree. That was a point of contention in Stockholm because
it was so open to interpretation and misunderstanding.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:53:54 -0700

> by providing the information from your original slides?

BTW, because it is *not* obvious, you can create a wiki account here:

http://tools.ietf.org/newlogin

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/