Subject: [codec] Question about scheduling CODEC BOF

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 00:28:42 -0600

Andrew Malis wants to come to the CODEC BOF and he is an author of a  
PWE3 document. Currently PWE3 is scheduled at the same time the CODEC  
BOF. To resolve this the secretariat is considering moving the CODEC  
BOF to Friday Nov 13 from 13:00 to 15:15.

If this is a problem for anyone, speak up quickly!

Thanks, Cullen

---

From: Koen Vos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 02:43:50 -0700

Five people from Skype, including myself, were planning to attend on  
Thursday and have made detailed arrangements that would be hard (or at  
least costly) to modify..

koen.

Quoting Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>:
> PWE3 document. Currently PWE3 is scheduled at the same time the  
> CODEC BOF. To resolve this the secretariat is considering moving the  
> CODEC BOF to Friday Nov 13 from 13:00 to 15:15.
>
> _______________________________________________
> codec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codec
>

---

From: "rontlv" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:39:31 +0200

Hi,
My view that it should whenever there are fewer other sessions. Apparently
there is a big interest in this BOF. Last session on Friday looks good to
me. It will show real interest.
BTW: In Stockholm, at the Friday AVT session we had a good number of people
since there was a real interest in the ECN work.
Roni Even

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Cullen Jennings
> Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:29 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [codec] Question about scheduling CODEC BOF
> 
> 
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 4509 (20091015) __________
> 
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
> 
> http://www.eset.com
> 

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 4509 (20091015) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 06:24:40 -0700

Moving the BOF to Friday is a problem for me.
Such last minute changes are very costly for intercontinental travel.

Thanks, Henry

On 10/15/09 1:28 AM, "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks, Cullen

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:08:45 -0600

On 10/15/09 12:28 AM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> BOF. To resolve this the secretariat is considering moving the CODEC BOF
> to Friday Nov 13 from 13:00 to 15:15.
> 

My flight from Osaka leaves at 6:35 PM so this won't work for me.

Peter

- --
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "rontlv" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 02:33:50 +0200

Cullen,
This question goes back to the point made by David on P2PSIP about
scheduling sessions on Friday.
I feel frustrated that I take seriously the point that initial agenda is not
final and that that the IETF meeting is from Monday morning to Friday
afternoon and plan accordingly.
Friday should be treated like other meeting day!!!! Unless there is a
different view from the IETF

Roni Even

http://www.eset.com

---

From: Koen Vos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:05:50 -0700

So to participate in a 2-hour meeting we all should reserve a whole  
week on our agenda?  And that 3x a year...?

Maybe no problem for people attending many meetings, but it sure seems  
like discrimination against outsiders only interested in a narrow area.

koen.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:20:52 -0600

Ok, clearly moving this to Friday is not an optimal trade off. We come  
up with an alternative plan. Thanks for the quick feedback.

---

From: "rontlv" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:53:18 +0200

Koen,
The first comment is that the first agenda published is not final and may be
subject to changes. So I do not think that someone who plans his travel
based on the first agenda can complain if it changes later. For example in
the last IETD meeting the second ACT session was moved to Friday on the
final agenda, yet people who had interest attended the session.
I still think that reducing conflicts with other group would be the best on
Friday
Roni Even

> From: Koen Vos [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 4:06 AM
> To: rontlv
> Cc: 'Cullen Jennings'; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [codec] Question about scheduling CODEC BOF
> 
> CODEC
> signature database 4516 (20091016) __________
> 

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 4516 (20091016) __________

http://www.eset.com

---

From: "rontlv" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:57:07 +0200

Cullen,
This is a pity since currently there was a conflict also with ppsp and
Friday would work better. Since the first agenda published is not final and
changes may occur I am not sure why we need to ask about moving to Friday.
In the last IETF AVT was moved on the final agenda to Friday without asking
on the list and still people who had interest attended
Roni Even

> Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 7:21 PM
> To: Cullen Jennings
> Cc: [email-masked]

http://www.eset.com

---

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:04:16 +0200

Hi Roni Even,

I have to admit that I made the same mistake at Stockholm and missed both
AVT meetings. I think it is a typical beginners mistake to plan only for a
few days. Having this said, I have to agree that it make sense to join the
IETF meetings in full in future. Not only because of short time schedule
changes but also because this time can be used for making progress on own
drafts. Also, one might can go to other WG groups to get a broader picture
beyond the own field of work. Later might be beneficial even for the own WG.

Christian

> the last IETD meeting the second AVT session was moved to Friday on the
signature

---

From: "Gregory M. Lebovitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:21:01 -0700

I am flying out Friday morning, right after the IESG + IAB meeting, 
due to a one-time family obligation on Saturday that I cannot miss. I 
would have to miss the BOF it was re-scheduled to Friday.

Gregory.