Subject: [codec] Voicing my support

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:10:43 +0200

I, for one, hope this will evolve into a large, long-lived, and
legendary working-group where patent-free Internet codecs will be
developed for all purposes: the Internet's codec foundry.

Simon
-- 
DNS64 open-source   --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server    --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0           --> http://www.vcarddav.org

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:26:39 -0400

(This is the note I was trying to reply to.)
To rephrase my response,
given the wording of the charter, Simon's comment is quite understandable.
The charter refers to an unbounded number of codecs being approved.
I suspect that the proposer do not intend a WG that continually produces 
codecs.

Some clarity about how many are to be produced, or how we know when we 
are supposed to choose as against when approving multiple is 
appropriate, would seem helpful in understanding the charter.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern